Job description / Role
Reports to: C.E.O
Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to both the Operations and Buying Teams and to ensure seamless coordination between these two arms of the business. Through the Marketing function will oversee the outreach to customers and is responsible for ensuring that all communication is in line with the agreed positioning of the store. And through H.R he ensures the selection of top-notch talent acquisition and its regular training and growth. Ultimately responsible for the achievement of the sales, profit and cash flow objectives of the business.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the business plan for the company
• Set and achieve financial targets and compile budgets in line with business strategy and growth plans
• Translate business objectives into strategy
• Manage expenses.
• Report on costs/expenses by cost centre compared to budget
• Leadership to the buying function and optimizing buying
• Guide the store operations team with the objective of achieving the sales and customer service targets
• Grow market share
• Identify new store opportunities
• Evaluate feasibilities of new retail sites
• Provide input on appropriate store format for new sites
• Driving sales. Identify sales opportunities
• Develop KPI’s for the team, adherence to which is monitored on a regular basis
• Loyalty and image at retail
• Management of risk
• Monitor and review system performance and the disaster recovery program.
• Manage the measurement of retail statistics to ensure relevant and appropriate data is available in order to make an objective and accurate analysis and appropriate decisions.
• Experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role in FOOD Retail Business especially in B2C segment.
• Must be fluent URDU and English (verbal, read, write)
• Command over retail business functions such as Operations, Buying/Merch Sales.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
About the Company
Global Retail Recruitment supports brands across the world with candidates from many different regions including Asia, Europe, Middle East and the USA. We represent clients and protect their brand with ethical and communicative processes, exceptional effort and consideration of the impact we have on peoples lives. Vacancies are supported in the disciplines of operations, human resources, loss prevention, brand marketing, E-commerce, CRM, buying, merchandising, distribution, supply, logistics, sales business development and more.
Over 30 years combined recruitment experience working with many of the biggest names. Prior retail management, sports management and food service / hospitality experience. We work with candidates from all continents matching capability and cultural requirements to ensure employers have a long-term acquisition, leading to a placement that supports in the delivery of key performance indicators.
Executive Retail, FMCG, Food and Sports Recruitment, retained search and contingency retail recruitment agency, talent mapping & organisational mapping. Recruitment delivery within all fields of Retail, FMCG, Food and Sports:- operations and head office from Mid-Management to Executive level.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies