Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director of Engineering, you will utilize strong management and technical competencies to lead, mentor and inspire our engineering team.
Experience and Duties Include:
- Leadership and management of software development teams, including performance management of all staff to include building team, mentoring and providing ongoing management on performance objectives
- Grow engineering team as needed, providing guidance on compensation (budget and allocation) and promotions
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a challenging vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- Director / Head of Engineering in an organization that experienced massive scaling
- Experience in building an agile and high-performing engineering organization
- BS in Computer Science or similar from top engineering school
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Group IT Manager
Senior / Lead Software Engineers
Lead Software Engineer
Business IT Manager (HR and ERP Domain Experience Essential)