Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers at Careem. You will partner with engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Current hands on development experience. Your still able to and love coding.
- Working knowledge of at least one of these Java, C++, Python
- Track-record of technical leadership
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes
- Software Development Manager / Head of Engineering in an organization that experienced huge scale.
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Lead Software Engineer
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Project Manager - Construction
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE