Job description / Role
A leading Educational Establishment in Pakistan is looking to hire a General Manager for their Head Office in Pakistan.
This position is responsible for assisting in the execution and coordination of operational matters in which the CE is directly involved; CE's travel planning and schedule management; administrative management of the CE office; assisting the CE in the successful completion of the company's annual objectives, including those articulated through the company's key decision-making forums
Oversee and follow-up on the CE's and company's annual objectives with internal and external stakeholders, provide Agenda, minutes, and overall management of key meetings chaired by the CE and follow-up on actionable items highlighted therein with participants and others.
Key meetings include Management Executive Committee meetings (3-4x year), Bi-Annual School Group Heads meetings (2x year), Annual School Heads meetings (1x year), TNS Board of Governors meetings (4x year), and Beaconhouse 5-year Strategic Development Plan meetings.
• Act as a liaison and maintain open lines of communication among board members, senior executives, middle management and various departments and institutions as a whole;
• If required, consolidate & synthesize information into brief, meaningful reports;
• Provide support to the School of Tomorrow Conference management team, especially in those matters that involve the CE.
General Oversight of CE Office Management - 20%
• General oversight and supervision of the administrative requirements of the CE's Office and to ensure that other individuals in the CE Office are performing their roles effectively;
• Supervise the development of the CE's annual calendar including all travel, key meetings & conferences, school visits, key social engagements, etc.
• Oversight over CE's daily schedule and ensure provision of information on appointments, development of agendas, etc.;
• Oversight over travel and other administrative arrangements for the CE's visits locally or internationally;
• Develop annual budgets (CAPEX & OPEX) for CE Office and ensure efficient utilisation of the same.
• (Most of the above will be the direct responsibility of junior members of the CE's Office but the incumbent needs to maintain oversight.)
Project Management - 30%
• Manage special projects, as delegated by the CE, that may not fall into the domain of other departments at the school
• Assist in oversight of key group projects that the CE is closely involved in, providing periodic reports and updates;
• Prioritise conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• MBA or equivalent degree from a reputable local or foreign university
• At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in supporting leadership positions in large organisations and/or extensive operations management experience
• Substantial experience of inter-departmental coordination;
• Knowledgeable in organizational effectiveness and operations management including best practices;
• Comprehensive budget development and oversight;
• In-depth understanding of successful management practices in large- scale, multi-functional operational programmes;
• Thorough understanding of handling administrative tasks;
• Excellent technology skills, especially with the Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
In return you will receive an attractive and competitive Salary + Accommodation.
The package will also include medical insurance and all mobilization costs.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results