Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives
To lead CareemPay's business in Pakistan
The role reports into Head of CareemPay
- P&L responsibility (Country level)
- Stakeholder management: Lead discussions and manage relationships with the regulator, other govt. agencies, bank and commerical partners.
- Leadership: Bulid and manage a team locally
- Strategy and execution plans: Build the market entry and growth strategy and the associated execution plan
- Commerical: Work with Captain/Customer Experience teams to lead market segmentation, ideate products and work with Product Development to implementation products
- Technology: Work with Product Development and Engineering on owning/co-owning the technology stack and ensure development and evolution of technology platforms are in line with requirements and in compliance with local regulations.
- Operations: Setup and ongoing management of operations
- Compliance and risk management: Ensure full compliance with local laws and regulations and anticipate future requirements. Build and manage required risk management (including fraud) capabiltiies.
Key Performance Indicators
Profit & Loss Statement
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business
- Highly entrepreneurial and hands-on - ability to get things done by rolling up his/her sleeves and with minimal resources. Highly adaptable and abilty to find practical solutions.
- Strong leadership skills - ability to build and lead teams to move fast
- Stakeholder management - strong negotiation skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Sound understanding of local market trends and needs - commerical acumen to spot opportunities and convert ideas into products
- Sound understanding of revenue and cost drivers
- Ability to balance strategic, commerical and operational considerations in assessing options and arriving at recommendations
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem and appreciation of new technologies
- Strong commercial negotiations skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.