Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
You'll directly work with the marketing team and operational managers to develop creative ideas and concepts. Artworks will be created for various platforms: digital marketing, social media posts, promotional items, print.
The appropriate media and style should be chosen to meet company objectives and branding guidelines.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines.
- You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- Working closely with marketeers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work;
- Developing design briefs that suit the task purpose;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers on certain projects;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketeers
- Minimum of 2-4 years in design industry;
- Strong Graphic Design skills with experience in print and digital media;
- Good working experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or AfterEffects;
- Able to work with Vector graphics, video editing with experience in motion graphics and can source out images using stock photo sites.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and can meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment and autonomously;
- Appropriate written and verbal skills in Urdu and English
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits, and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.