Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
About the role:
- Design, document, manage and optimize the organization and execution of the end-to-end payment and reconciliation processes across the globe, in line with business strategies.
- Drive team strategies on the achievement of quality, accuracy and timely delivery of services in accordance to defined SLAs/KPIs.
- Possess good knowledge of VAT/ WHT regulations and applications to taxable/non-taxable supplies.
- Accountable for day-to- day operations of the Accounts Payable Team inclusive of process optimization, accuracy of reports and compliance to local/regional procedures and legislation, if any.
- Ensure periodical performance reporting as per defined formats, policies and procedures and local requirements.
- Lead, coach, motivate, develop and appraise the shared service team.
- Communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders i.e. Senior Management, Vendors inclusive of drivers, Auditors, Headquarters and Local Finance.
- Work with procurement team, GL (vendor master maintenance) team and finance teams to streamline P2P processes
- Ad hoc assignment
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; CA/CPA/ACCA
- At least 6+ years of PQE in a fast-paced industry
- Strong AP and P2P process knowledge with in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated thorough user and working knowledge of Financial systems and ERPs - Oracle is a plus
- Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-finance people on finance processes
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Creative thinking to resolve novel problems while supporting the business
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.