Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Ensure day to day operations are being run smoothly, and available vehicles are being utilized to the maximum
- Manage maintenance of fleet; Identify priorities. Coordinate and prioritize maintenance by ensuring minimal interruption of services
- Manage expenses and spending as it relates to maintenance of fleet and office premises. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying cost effective repair options, acquiring & comparing estimates for large expenses and negotiating agreements with vendors
- Recruitment of set-up team
- Develop key processes… SOPs for overall business operations
- Build customer (captain) pipeline and manage daily captain schedules
- Source vehicles from investors
- Manage supply/ demand platform
- Manage relationship with strategic partners
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 9+ years of experience leading teams; 7+ in managing and or setting up large business operations of fleet management
- PnL experience (accountable for performance / authorized signatory)
- Great analytical thinker with a passion for data analysis and product/process improvement
- Proven people leadership skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Working knowledge of maintenance services and motor vehicles
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.