Job description / Role
License Compliance Manager
Requisition ID: 174206
Work Area: Administration
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Areas of Responsibility
The License Compliance Manager (LCM) role is to deliver consulting and advisory services to customers and sales persons on SAP licensing policy and effective license utilisation with the objective of preventing and/or eliminating license exposure risks for SAP and its customers. They are organizationally aligned as part of the Global License Audit & Compliance department to ensure objective and consistent end-to-end handling of audits and/or situations of non-compliance.
- Adapt and finalise the annual GLAS basic audit plan for their MU/territory.
- Manage the Office of License Compliance (OLC) on-site audit schedule for their MU/territory in collaboration with the OLC team.
- Utilise the Compliance Risk Assessments provided by the Global LCM Team to plan basic or OLC on-site audits as appropriate.
- Manage customer non-compliance identified and passed to them by Sales, or arising from information in the public domain, coordinating the subsequent audits or customer consultancy.
- Customer Preparation, Audit Execution and Reporting (End to End process)
- Carry out comprehensive contract reviews and related investigations into relevant historical pricing, product packaging and software use rights.
- Produce or update the customer's Effective License Position (ELP) spreadsheet to agreed standards of quality and detail prior to audit (mandatory for all OLC audits and SCP accounts, optimal for all LE accounts with large SAP implementations).
- Manage audit escalations where customers are unresponsive to an audit request.
- Meet with the customer and explain the audit process, scope, customers effective license entitlement and position, relevant product metrics and support the customer to comply with their contractual audit obligations.
- Follow-up GLAS Basic Audits, validating findings, obtaining additional self-declarations and finalising the Customer Audit Reports.
- Brief Sales on audit findings and plan customer communication and engagement.
- Meet with customers to present and explain preliminary audit results and advise on effective license management and potential license resolution options.
- Carry out effective due diligence on any justification or alternative interpretation presented by the customer.
- Manage a formal conclusion to the measurement and evaluation phase, so that any compliance claim has a solid and justifiable BOM related to regularisation.
- Support Sales and the customer with technical licensing and license rights advice as required during commercial discussions to resolve any non-compliance identified in an audit.
- Provide negotiation support to the Sales.
- Coordinate customer dispute resolution and escalation management across SAP stakeholders.
- Manage formal conclusion to the audit process.
- Support UDD closures or extensions or license conversions or extension policy though application of audit process.
- Manage timing (timeline as agreed during preparation meetings with customer)
License Rights Advisory
- Proactively review, educate and advise in all contractual events like divestments, M&A, transfers, outsources, bureau service, etc..
- Provide guidance and advice to Sales and customers on license rights requirements, for example Transitional Processing and Divestment/License Transfer rights.
- Work with the OLC COE to support customer queries on Indirect/Digital Access and coordinate customer workshops/audits.
Quality & Governance
- Implement and executing audit, compliance and license rights practices in line with Global SAP guidelines and standards.
- Provide guidance and advice to Sales on Global Audit/Compliance Sales Policy escalating any non-compliance to MU COO and Global LCM Team Management.
- Review, and as appropriate, approve or reject any changes to SAP's standard Audit Clause requested by customers in their MU/territory.
- Candidate will have 3+ years of functional experience in auditing or similar relevant roles
- Client skills and client facing experience is required
- Accounting knowledge (IFRS/US-GAAP/local GAAP)
- General knowledge of the International Standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge in MS Office and SAP products preferred
- General knowledge of the COSO and / or COBIT models a plus
- General knowledge of the SOX act plus
- Fluent English, additional language(s) a plus
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Compliance, ERP, Accounting, Consulting, Manager, Legal, Technology, Finance, Management
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.