Job description / Role
Manager Logistics Operations, Pakistan
Mondel?z International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It’s time for you to Make It with Mondel?z International.
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you’ll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working “from farm to shelf,” you’ll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Position Purpose Statement :
• Management of the whole Finished Goods related logistics operation at lowest cost and optimal service level.
• Management of collaboration and co-operation with subcontracted partner(s). Including warehousing, distribution and co-packing.
• Development & Optimisation of distribution network to ensure route-to-market is cost effective and catalyses customer service excellence.
• Ensure Logistic execution drives customer service excellence, within the corporate policies and guidelines.
• Overseeing and controlling all imported finished goods movements as well as providing the service for Mondelez Pakistan Operations on raw material Imports
• Achieving Mondelez 5% productivity target.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Actively seeks methods to improve third party logistics operations.
• Works with 3PL to ensure Mondelez quality standards are present throughout supply chain through training and ongoing audit/information sharing sessions with suppliers as required.
• Process optimization and continuous improvement of overall logistics set-up.
• Responsible for the traceability of the product in the supply chain and ability to retrieve and recall finished goods in line with company requirements.
Warehousing and Distribution
• Perform Warehousing and Transportation/Distribution requirements analysis.
• Ensure timely transfer of finished goods from production to 3rd party warehouses.
• Ensure FIFO and hygienic environment according to Mondelez quality standards.
• Ensure distribution of finished goods to all our distributors on time according to agreed delivery dates
• Inventory management of all third-party Logistics Warehouses.
• Maintain complete detail of obsolescent expired and short expiry products on the basis of physical stock count.
• Plan and control costs, establish logistics and cost reporting, establish monthly aging list.
• Preparing and transferring monthly co-packing programmes to the production side.
• Directing operations side to manage the priority of activities.
• Cooperation with PCM department to prepare feasibility reports
• Identifies and actions Mondelez Supply Chain programmes (special projects), both strategically and tactically, which support the growth and future opportunities for the business, e.g.
• Collaborate with Customer service to implement ECR initiatives with customers, including Vendor Managed Inventories as appropriate.
• Collaborate with Customer Service to implement Cost to Serve analyses and recommendations
• Benchmarking with world class supply chain performance measures both within and external to Mondelez.
• Ongoing productivity programmes and accountability for cost optimisation throughout supply chain to achieve the 5% productivity target
• Other strategic programmes as identified and appropriate to business needs.
• VMI implementation through collaboration with Customer services and to implement ECR initiatives with customers.
• Lead, develop, coach and train his/her subordinates
• Establish job descriptions, personal objectives and prepare succession plan
• Submit weekly posting to management per company guidelines
• Complies with SS&E regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
• Post high school technical or vocational training up to and including degree level BS/MS in target discipline or technical /vocational training
• Good understanding of category specific technology, especially the direct-related process/lines
• Excellent organizational skills, including time management and priority settings
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Interpersonal savvy – able to adapt personal style to work in international environment.
• Good presentation and influencing skills
• Informing – keeps manager and key partners informed of progress, achievements and issues at appropriate points
• Demonstrate experiences of practical application of the theory in Food or engineering/scientific related discipline
• At least 2 years commercial experience in a position within Supply Chain(prefebly LO) in FMCG industry.
Mondel?z International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.