Job description / Role
Mercury Transaction Support Associate – Finance – Karachi
As we roll out the Next Wave Strategy across EY and with our MENA Service Lines starting a new journey with a bold purpose of building a better working world by transforming business through the power of people, technology and innovation, the role of Mercury Transaction Support (MTS) Associate becomes even more critical to ensure that firm liabilities are correctly stated at any given point & balance sheet reflects the correct position of vendors. As we expand our MENA service lines, we have identified the need to have additional support in the finance functions.
The MTS team will support the engagement teams in the mercury transaction processing. The team will work closely with the engagement teams and MENA market finance team. The service includes opportunity creation, opportunity management, pricing, code creation, budgeting, ETC and billing. The role also includes providing analytics and scenario analysis of engagement financials to improve margin.
Your key responsibilities:
• Based on the input provided by the Client Serving Executives (CSEs) the MTS team will Create opportunity, pricing, budgeting, ETC, Billing etc.
• Work closely with the MENA Mercury Business Advisors to make sure that service line protocols are followed in each transaction activity
• Provide analytical support, wherever needed to CSEs
Skills and attributes for success:
• Ability to solve problems and provide credible solutions
• Confident to challenge where appropriate
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
• Eagerness to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
• Well-developed listening skills combined with the capability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Used to working in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
• 2+ years of experience in transaction processing field, ideally in a professional services firm
• Able to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and build strong relationships
• Having strong knowledge of MS Office Packages. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Power BI.
• Having excellent communications and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented and eager to analyze and solve complex cases.
• Have a finance related degree, studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment.
• Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions.
Ideally, you will also have
• A business/commercial degree or post graduate.
• Experience in budgeting and account forecasting.
• People management and development experience.
• Great knowledge of market activities.
• Good business-related experience background.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region