Job description / Role
The Ocean Charge Manager is a commercial expert responsible for the driving revenue from D&D and surcharges in accordance with the global charge strategy, governance and framework. The OCM sets tariffs for local charges and D&D with a view to maximize overall revenue for the company, and is authority on making special deals on D&D. The OCM is continuously ensuring a standardized and relevant local portfolio of charges for our customers, and is always on the lookout for opportunities to optimize the local portfolio of surcharges and D&D charges.
• You will be responsible for identifying local products needs and developing them to meet customer needs, outside the scope of Intermodal and CHB.
• Set market relevant tariffs to improve revenue for D&D and surcharges
• Authority on DnD exception handling and discount threshold management to optimise overall local business, based on global standards.
• Build strong product market knowledge and intelligence.
• Analyse & follow up and address performance + compliance and application locally.
• Give input / feedback on global product portfolio and idea generation process.
• Regulated surcharges and compliance locally (incl. Terms & conditions + rules & restrictions).
• Continuously look for opportunities to improve local and global portfolio of surcharges and D&D charges.
• Develop local products or variations to products, potentially upon customer request
• Manage Area product development outside intermodal and CHB scope (incl. business cases)
• Manage strategic procurement and vendor relationships
• Participate in customer QBRs
• Cost local solutions and establish prices for services outside intermodal and CHB scope
• Develop value propositions for new opportunities
• Support sales when customers require or is proposed locally developed solutions
• Work with operations to ensure customer needs are delivered on
• Develop local content for product training
• Demonstrated strong commercial mindset
• Strong analytical and governance skills
• Demonstrated strong stakeholder management (local and global)
• Positions dependent on achieving results through others (non-direct reports)
• Strong commercial mindset
• Structured and analytical thinking
• Strong communications skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• Teamwork-minded and able to work with peers and virtual teams through influencing
• Attention to detail
• Local Services expertise and understanding of Local customer needs for Local Services (incl. vertical specifications)
About the Company
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We are part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we operate 610 container vessels providing ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
Not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet.
Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our customers, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible.
What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.