Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The procurement specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Define and implement the procurement policy according to the company strategy.
- Highlight the areas of continues improvement and cost savings.
- Ensure contracts are in place for all suppliers of all goods inclusive of terms and condition, payment terms and delivery schedules in accordance with the requirements.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Negotiate and establish the contracts with the suppliers.
- Coordinate with the technical teams the setting of specifications and the evaluation of the suppliers.
- Vendors selection, and creation process.
- Development of new suppliers to ensure there are at least 3 alternate sources of supply for each item.
- maintain a supplier price history database to capture and assess the supplier's service, quality and price performance
- Implement an effective reporting system.
- Define procurement objectives and oversee quality control.
- Plan, execute, and finalize procurement projects according to deadlines and within budget, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and internal departments in order to deliver according to plan.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
· Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
· Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
· Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
· Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
· Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
· Minimum 3 years eperience working within a similar role
· Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
· Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
· An additional language would be desirable although not essential as English is our corporate language
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital
Procurement Manager – Property Developer
TGC Consulting Middle East
Search Heads Middle East
Procurement Assistant Manager