Job description / Role
Project: A gated community, encompassing a golf course with a clubhouse, luxury villas and apartments in Islamabad
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking project manager with construction infrastructure experience to join our established and growing team in Pakistan.
To control, manage and coordinate the project delivery throughout the full project lifecycle. To ensure the works are delivered safely, on time and to the agreed budget, whilst maintaining high-quality standards.
The role will report to the project director.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establishing and maintaining key relationships with project partners, designer, contractors and other key stakeholders.
• Setting up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues that may arise.
• Attending regular site progress meeting and ensuring project director/team leader is updated on all issues.
• Providing input to the project programme and ensuring contractors meet the requirements of the programme.
• Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported.
• Contributing to the procurement of contractors as part of the project team.
• Ensuring the management plan is followed and adhered to.
• Ensuring all statutory undertakings are obtained and monitor implementation.
• Taking responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel and take appropriate action where necessary.
• Preparing the handover schedule and ensuring any outstanding defects are rectified.
• Providing necessary input to the monthly report for issuance to the client demonstrating all key aspects of the project.
• Managing the construction activities from a project manager perspective.
• Tracking of daily/weekly/monthly activities of the contractor(s)
• Monitoring progress and reporting risks/issues.
• Participating in assessing construction methodologies and reporting in compliances (quality, process, HSE and etc.)
• Assisting in the production of interim reports.
• Interfacing directly with the consultants.
• With a relevant degree qualification, chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification will be viewed favourably.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and manage dynamic, motivated teams.
• You will have experience in managing the civil engineering and infrastructure part of a construction project.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager - Construction
Construction Manager - Airport/Infra