Job description / Role
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack , for the right moment , made the right way . It's time for you to Make It with Mondelez International.
As part of Manufacturing , you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Position Purpose Statement:
The position is responsible for leading Quality agenda before and after plant start up. Lead and implement Quality Pillar methodology of IL6S and d evelop Systems and Processes to ensure Zero Quality-related losses; Develop Organizational Capability required to build ownership of Quality Processes in core activities. Develop, maintain and optimize quality and food safety management system in line with Mondelez corporate requirements; assurance of quality and food safety of manufactured products; Manage customers/consumers complaints and develop processes to prevent re-occurrence; Lead technical evaluation using QM methodology of IL6S in development of local suppliers.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Leading quality agenda during start up and transition to operations
- The most responsible representative for quality and food safety in the Plant.
- Primary responsibility for developing quality agenda for the site before and after the start up, getting buy in from stakeholders and assurance of objectives' fulfillment.
- Validate systems and processes during dry run, wet run and commissioning stage
- Assure plant preparedness for the smooth start up by full implementation of quality and food safety road map according to the agreed timeline
- Manage the complete Tools & Methodologies of the Quality Management Pillar & its integration into other pillars
- Manage the recruitment and training of quality assurance staff according to the agreed organizational structure
- Ensure that all plant employees get quality induction and specific trainings mandatory for their job roles during the pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Ensure approval of analytical and micro laboratories by corporate functions
- Promote quality culture and CIQ principles across the plant and lead cross functional and cross department activities & coach peers in quality and food safety related aspects.
- Lead the Quality Pillar in bringing out a cultural transformation of proactive quality ownership, loss elimination and roadmap for achieving the Compelling Business Need (CBN)
- Active participation in the program of GCC local supplier development as per QM Methodology of IL6S.
Quality and food safety management system
- Primary responsibility for developing, maintaining and optimizing quality and food safety management system on site in accordance with legal, corporate and certification requirements.
- Participation in internal audits and gap assessments on site.
- Leading corporate and certification audits on behalf of plant management
- Active participation in networking and benchmarking between sites across EEMEA region
- Reviewing and agreement of all new projects on site before their final approval, supporting project leaders in meeting legal and corporate requirements
Assurance of product quality and food safety
- Key support to production in assurance of product quality and food safety.
- Final decision maker for go/not go in case of product deviation from specification
Dealing with regulatory authorities
- Primary contact for food safety/health authorities in case of consumer complaints and planed/unplanned inspections
- Develop a roadmap for Quality Incident Elimination and Product Defect Elimination to ensure Zero Loss due to quality issues
Handling customer and consumer complaints/internal product nonconformities
- Leading investigation and acting as a primary point of contact in case of sensitive/significant complaints; assurance of efficient complaints handling in all other cases.
- Assurance of investigation of internal nonconformities, root cause analysis, planning and fulfillment of corrective and preventive actions
- Develop a roadmap for Capability Building of Team Members in Quality Processes, Standards and Procedures to build and sustain a Zero Quality-related Loss culture at the site
- Development and coaching of quality employees to fully unleash their potential
- Leading quality programs/projects/events to increase quality awareness and commitment across the plant
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- High Graduate degree in micro, chemical, technological or quality management
- Experience in Statistical Process Control
- Good knowledge of IL6S principles and practical experience in implementation
- In-depth understanding of ISO 9001, FSSC22000, PAS96 requirements
- Expert knowledge of legal and corporate requirements to products' quality and food safety
- Advanced PC user ( Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook)
- Experienced user of QCMS (SharePoint), iQS and SAP
- Qualified internal auditor of Quality and Food safety management system
- Qualified supplier auditor/developer
Skills & Competencies
- Strong Leadership skills and role model Servant Leadership
- High levels of learning agility and willingness to take up diverse, challenging assignments
- High level of problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to coach and mentor multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization
- Strong English communication and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Min 10-12 years of experience in the quality function within the food industry, preferably biscuits
- Experience gained in an Operations/Production role will be an added advantage.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.
Quality Manager (Chocolate Tenth of Ramadan Plant) CTOR
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jul|
Quality Control (QC) Manager