Job description / Role
School Head - Pakistan
• School Improvement Plan (SIP) (10%)
• Collaborate with senior management team to conduct school self-review.
• Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders for conducting a SWOT analysis for the school.
• In conjunction with the Section Heads articulate a vision for the School and prepare a School Improvement Plan (SIP) and ensure its effective monitoring and support.
• Monitor and evaluate the SIP.
Academic Management (30%)
• Relate the educational objectives of the school to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student learning outcomes.
• Implement and monitor the school's learning policy, BSS policies and procedures and ensure curriculum standards are in line with internal benchmarks.
• Develop new academic and interscholastic programmes and track data related to the success of such programmes.
• Recognize and seek alternative learning solutions for students with behavioral or learning difficulties.
• Oversee the procedure for the production of Schemes of Work and monitor the working standards of the academic team.
• Oversee the evaluation of the curricula.
• Where applicable, ensure coordination with IB for MYP and DP matters.
• Business Development and Community Relations (25%)
• Increase admission rate through promotional and marketing initiatives.
• Monitor industry trends to enable effective benchmarking and learning from industry best practices.
• Ensure up to date and accurate business intelligence on competitors and operating environment.
• Develop and furnish business intelligence reports to relevant stakeholders.
• Build and maintain contacts with current and prospective customers.
• Identify and evaluate opportunities and focus on areas which could benefit the Company in the long run.
• Actively participate and encourage staff participation in parent-teacher and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavors.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and entities to ensure smooth running of the school.
• Accept corporate responsibility for decisions made and ensure that those decisions are implemented
Operations Management (25%)
• Ensure timely dissemination of information to all concerned people/channels and ensure smooth running of school.
• Determine annual staffing requirements necessary and liaise with HR (HO/CSO) for the timely fulfilment of the same.
• Ensure the effective administration of school examinations.
• Oversee periodically and ensure the school's adherence to health, safety and civil codes.
• Provide oversight in the repair and maintenance of school's infrastructure.
• Take steps to enhance the collection of books in the library books and improve fixtures.
Team Management (10%)
• Establish effective means of staff recruitment, ensure the provision and implement a plan for staff development.
• Articulate a vision for Professional Development of staff and ensure its implementation.
• Identify and groom staff for administration and future responsibilities.
• Identify learning and training needs of employees and ensure that the relevant professional development activities are organised and participated in accordingly.
• Ensure execution of annual appraisal cycle in line with guidelines defined by the Head Office.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
The ideal candidate has:
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in an IB school.
• Extensive experience in running/currently running an MYP based recognised institution.
• Knowledgeable on curriculum development and training design, teaching and evaluation in relevant area
• Knowledge of child learning methodologies, curriculum development and implementation.
• School improvement practices and staff development techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of IB curriculum, implementation and accreditation process.
In return you will receive an excellent salary package + Benefits.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results