Job description / Role
Our client are looking to appoint an innovative, inspirational and seasoned individual to support teachers in adapting the classroom curriculum to students' differing abilities; identification of existing BSS students to be included in the SEN Register; Provision of Special Needs
- Develop and permeate processes to regulate SEN functions.
- Teach socially acceptable behaviour, employing techniques such as behaviour modification and positive reinforcement.
- Consolidate, on a weekly basis, SEN requirements in schools within designated SG and develop tailored programmes.
- Develop and execute trainings amongst designated area of responsibility for the identification of SEN students.
- Follow up on the implementation of action plans for SEN students.
- Liaise through the school with parents to foster greater understanding of circumstances surrounding each case and to resolve identified concerns.
- Develop and disseminate SEN strategies and techniques to improve the development of sensory and perceptual motor skills, language, cognition and memory.
- Administer personal development skills programmes such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy.
- Recommend resources for supporting students with specific learning difficulties
- Provide training to School Based SEN Staff
- Conduct awareness raising sessions for parents, teachers and school management
- Establish linkages with other student support agencies locally and internationally
- Identify trainings for SEN staff and teachers
- Recommend assessment/diagnostic tools for the system
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in Bachelors / Masters in Special Education Needs or equivalent, with relevant trainings / certifications / diplomas
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in a school / hospital
- Knowledge of therapy and counselling techniques
- Knowledge of curriculum development and training design, teaching and evaluation in relevant area
- Analytical, Communication, Interpersonal, Decision Making, Planning Organising and Coordinating skills.
- Gross monthly salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and profile (local taxes will apply)
- House rent (with basic furnishing) PKR 150,000 per month (an excellent rent in Pakistan)
- Company-provided 24-hour security guard at home (building security will be communal in an apartment building)
- Utility allowance PKR 30,000/- per month (including running cost of generator)
- Mobile phone allowance PKR 3,000/- per month
- Company maintained & insured car (1300cc) with 125 litres of petrol per month
- Company provided driver
- Medical insurance (local health insurer; hospitalization only)
- Economy class airfare at the time of joining (one way) and conclusion of the contract (one way) for employee and immediate family
- 1 return economy class airfare at the end of each contract year for employee and immediate family
- Leave entitlements will be commensurate with company policy
For more information or to apply, please send your CV online.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc. Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results