Job description / Role
Responsible for the maintenance and administration of the company's accounts including upkeep of the general ledger, consolidation of financial records, and submission of accurate and timely data for financial reporting purposes. Responsible for subordinate accounting functions such as AP, AR, and GL.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the accurate recording and of the Accounts Receivable Transactions.
- Auditing self assessment and process documentation, performing/reviewing reconciliations of various accounts and resolving accounting discrepancies on regular basis.
- Maintaining general accounting systems, responsible for bookkeeping activities (i.e. Revenue journals, adjustments, etc.).
- Maintaining general ledger and collect the financial records from the various operational systems, and submits accurate data for reports on a timely basis.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Monitoring and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Preparing the monthly reports based on IAS and Palestinian tax law
- Monitoring and reviewing accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintaining ERP system and making recommendations to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- BA or equivalent in Accounting. CMA is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field.
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent technical knowledge of all accounting functional areas.
- General knowledge government and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Skilled in math applications.
- Critical Thinking skills.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- Experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Financial systems software at an advanced level.
- Advanced Excel is a plus.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
- Passport-size photograph
- Updated CV
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.