Job description / Role
VAC7907 - Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing executive secretarial and administrative duties as required.
- Coordinating office activities and scheduling; developing and recommending Department procedures and systems to ensure smooth office operations.
- Researching and analyzing routine administrative projects for the Director; prepare first draft reports on routine administrative matters.
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail/reports/etc...; reviewing and evaluating mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the Director.
- Processing and following-up payment of invoices or claims related to the department.
- Following-up progress on assignments given to department Managers; and provide status reports to the Director.
- Independently respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Maintaining calendars and arranging meetings and conferences for the Department and The Director.
- Attending department meeting and other meetings as requested and produce and distribute accurate minutes of meetings and agendas in both Arabic and English if needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum one year of experience in a similar job. (Fresh graduates are welcome to apply)
- Bachelor or Diplome degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written).
- Proficient in MS office suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Patient, able to work under pressure and Flexibility in working extended hours, when needed.
- Result-oriented with a positive viewpoint.
- Discrete with the ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Providing complex office administrative support in the areas of report preparation and staff communication within the department.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.