Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
To work as a junior member of an audit team with responsibility for verifying the accuracy of the financial records and accounting practices of a business or government using specific PwC methodologies. The Associate may be assigned individual pieces of work as part of a large assignment or work as a team member on a more complex assignment, but will ultimately be contributing to the overall success of the audit team. Our team helps organisations lay a solid framework for their internal account procedures and systems. We focus on supporting the development and maintenance of our clients accounting books and records system, preparation of annual financial statements, and annual audit assistance.
- Performing the planning sections of audits.
- The audit of all the file's areas.
- Completion steps (In some cases issuing the financials.
- Manage the job time in efficient way.
- Perform the required work with the required quality (PwC methodology).
- Take the right decisions when needed.
- Help less experienced team members .
- Seek for more challenging tasks.
- The jobholder would typically be degree qualified (eg. to Bachelors degree level) in an accountancy, finance or numeracy based degree. Competence / experience would have been demonstrated (not necessarily in a work environment):
- A comfort in working with numbers
- Previous experience of having worked in a team.
- A strict attention to detail.
- Confidence when dealing with senior individuals.
- Commitment to presenting highest quality work and contributing to team success.
- Ambition to professionally qualify as a certified accountant
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.