Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily operations related to core and value-added services (VAS) systems (MSC, HLR, MGW, MRS, SMSC, Smart SMS, MMSC, Bulk SMS, Location Based, and Antispam.
- Health check operations for all Core/VAS messaging applications and monitor all interfaces between Core/VAS messaging applications and other network elements.
- Perform needed changes on Core/VAS messaging applications related to routing, signaling, numbers translation, global titles, point codes, USSD codes, and other changes.
- Performing the routine backups for Core/VAS messaging applications.
- Perform and troubleshoot all operations and problems related to roaming partners and IREG testing including the common tests.
- Implement interconnect integration with other operators, networks, and international gateways through ISUP, PRA, SIP, and any other supported protocols.
- Perform the needed acceptance testing for new SIMs batches and follow-up the troubleshooting with vendors for any SIM's issues.
- Perform planned and unplanned activities (incidents).
- Communication with Core/VAS messaging vendors to follow up all issues, either those are a problem, planned customization, or upgrades related to applications.
- Maintaining the network KPI's related to Core/VAS messaging applications.
- Perform the acceptance testing related to any operation made on core and VAS applications.
- Follow-up and perform integrations needed between Core/VAS messaging applications with other network elements.
- Prepare the required documentation for any operation made in Core/VAS messaging applications and update them accordingly.
- Handle end user complaints on Core/VAS messaging applications related services within agreed SLA.
- Perform proactive maintenance procedures to keep Core/VAS systems within required performance.
- Work closely with other departments and business owners to deliver the needed services that can be built and delivered through Core/VAS messaging applications.
- Ensure all O&M related activities are delivered with the best quality.
- Reporting all O&M activities related to Core/VAS messaging duties to the department leaders and senior leaders.
- Being on-call for 24/7 and available onsite if needed.
- Any other assigned tasks by direct supervisor.
Work Experience & Qualifications::
- Bachelor's degree in Telecom/computer/electrical engineering or equivalent field.
- Knowledge in 2G/3G network topology, signalling, SS7 protocol, and traffic cases flow.
- Knowledge in VAS messaging systems, SMPP protocol, and API protocol.
- Good Understanding of data structure, algorithms, and managed object.
- Good understanding of databases such as Oracle and MySQL.
- 1-2 years' experience in related/similar role will be an advantage, while fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent experience in Unix and Linux OS.
- Excellent experience in MS-Office and Windows applications.
Personal Traits & Special Skills:
- Ability to handle emergency tasks under work pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Organization commitment and time flexibility.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Jerusalem ID and valid driving license are advantage.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
- Updated CV
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.