Job description / Role
VAC7458 - Financial Accountant
Responsible for the maintenance and administration of the company's accounts including upkeep of the general ledger, consolidation of financial records, and submission of accurate and timely data for financial reporting purposes. Responsible for subordinate accounting functions such as AP, AR, and GL.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining general accounting systems, directing bookkeeping activities (i.e. recording disbursements, expenses and Revenue recognition, etc.).
- Responsible for company revenue recognition and reconciliation.
- Maintaining general ledger and collect the financial records from the various operational systems, and submits accurate data for reports on a timely basis.
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and revenue accounts.
- Monitoring metrics and benchmarks for the accounting functions and works to continuously improve cycle time and error rate.
- Making recommendations for developing or revising internal procedures.Additional duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- BA or equivalent in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in related field.
Personal Traits & Skills:
- Excellent technical knowledge of all accounting functional areas.
- General knowledge government and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Skilled in math applications.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- coaching, counseling and supervisory skills
- experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Excel, database and financial systems software at an advanced level, crystal reports or other reporting software skills at a senior level.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.