Job description / Role
About the company:
For over 80 years our client is one of the leading construction companies in Asia; they are currently working on infrastructure projects (Civil, Rail, Roads, Bridges, Metros, Airports Skyways etc.) in Manila, Philippine.
Essential Job Duties
• Participate in Prime Contract Formation as assigned.
• Participates with the identification of the contract baseline, including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract;
• Identify areas of risk and opportunity for risk due to ambiguities, omissions, and conflicts in the contents of documents relative to the contract (bid, proposal, proposal package, etc.) Prepare a risk mitigation plan with the project team and manage the plan’s execution;
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the Contract Management Program for the project consistent with the practices and procedures set forth in the Prime Contracts Management Manual, including the Contract Responsibility Management Matrix, the Contract Requirements Action List, and the Contract Notice Requirements Action List;
• Establish a Project Change Order Procedure, incorporating the Pending Item Program, to provide a methodology to identify changes, quantify the additional time and compensation due per the contract, define approval requirements and communicate changes to the Customer;
• Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inaction’s which result in constructive contract changes. Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional compensation or time due;
• Prepare change orders to the Contract and develop the negotiation strategy and support/conduct negotiations;
• Manage the working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to ensure that (sub)contracts contain appropriate flow down of prime contract terms, and facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract formation and administration;
• Participate in project related meetings, work closely with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Controls, and review project financial data to:
• Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract;
• Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and claim avoidance;
• Take appropriate actions to protect’s interest and/or improve project performance;
• Ensure compliance with prime contract terms and conditions;
• Develop a program to identify and prepare claims as they arise and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims with the Claims Group and Legal Department;
• Responsible for ensuring contract insurance provisions are adhered to and coordinates with Risk Management personnel regarding occurrences that may be covered by Customer or provided insurance.
• Manage the handling of the prime contract closeout requirements
• Manage personnel assigned to the project Contracts organization;
• Coordinate the development and delivery of ongoing project training to address prime contract management principles, (sub) contract formation and administration, and identification, preparation, and resolution of claims;
• May perform similar duties on a retrospective basis when assigned to the Central Claims Group.
• Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience or courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
• Thorough knowledge of prime contract administration office and field procedures and documents relating to a construction project
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of commercial management functions.
• Direct experience in managing workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviewing, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations
• Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and policies, procedures and work practices
• BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering