Job description / Role
Civil Engineering Business has recently been awarded an iconic & complex civil project (RAIL). Working within a Joint Venture you will form a close bond alongside the Executive Project Director & Group Commercial Manager. You will be based north of Manila and based on site responsible for the contract administration, commercial management, claims & variations.
• You will manage a small team on site, hands on coordinate the day to day surveying of the job, manage risk and be the wordsmith for the project.
• You will be able to write a good contractual letter protecting the Joint Ventures interests.
• You will have EOT & Claims experience but will not of needed to take a claim through to full arbitration.
• The project is due to start end of September and they are happy to wait for the right person to join.
• Communication, management skills and attitude are absolutely key on this role.
• You will be working in a semi-remote environment and will be expected to think on your feet on site
You maybe based in the Philippines or seek a change or location within your international career? You will need to have a solid commercial exposure to highways, infrastructure, rail and utilities as this consists of the businesses core turnover within Asia.
USD 120,000 to 150,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Annual $ 120-150,000 USD + Vehicle , Fuel , 25 Days Leave + Public Holiday , Medical & Life Cover , 1 Set Of Business Class Flights
• Please ensure you READ ALL ASPECTS of the job before applying.
• Our client are looking to appoint someone with the following.
• Must speak Fluent English
• Western Degree Educated – Quantity Surveying
• MRICS Desired but not essential
• Will have experience as a Standalone no1 Commercial lead on site
• Main Contracting Experience Essential – Our client will not look at a Developer or Consultant on this role
• 15 Years Industry Experience – Clear Career progression up through the Ranks from Assistant QS Through to Commercial Manager / Managing Surveyor.
Key Factors Needed
• Able to attend a Video Conference Interview in September = Zoom / MS Teams you must be IT Savvy
• Able to mobilize & start employment before the end of October 2020
• Happy to provide References that a Director of NSR Associates can speak with
• No issues stopping you from getting a Visa within the Philippines
• Understand that this is a 6 day working week for a contractor – Its the nature of the environment you are relocating to.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Manager – Contracts & Purchasing
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Claims / Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Commercial Director (Construction)