Job description / Role
Our client a leading global engineering & project management consultancy require a Design Manager - Structures to join the Buildings team in their Global Design Centre in Manila. The successful individual will be responsible for the design management of the structural elements on a variety of prestigious projects in the Middle East.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Design Management of the Structural Engineering Components of Building Projects
• Preparing bids and fee proposals
• Working as part of the senior management team with other discipline Design Managers
• Project management & contract administration
• Mentoring and Managing Engineers
• Report to the Unit Director
• Working closely with the senior management in the Middle East offices where the projects are based
• Maintain a healthy and happy work environment
To apply for the role you should meet most of the following requirements;
• BEng in Civil/ Structural Engineering or Similar
• Minimum 10 - 15 years’ relevant consultancy based buildings experience
• Chartered Engineer or working towards this status
• Proven recent design management experience
• Have experience of working in and managing a multicultural team
• Previous experience of working in the middle east or on middle east projects advantageous
• Experienced of working with an overseas global design center also a plus
Please not that due to insufficient schooling in Manila this role will only suit single status applications or married individuals without children.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.