Job description / Role
• Sets the Operations Department's operational objectives and production targets in support of the Company’s strategic plans.
• Develops and implements the Department's operating programs, defining over-all action plans, schedules, and responsibilities to achieve its objectives and targets.
• Systematically monitors and evaluates progress and status for management information and decision-making.
• Plans and coordinates the human, equipment, financial and other resources required to implement the Department's operating programs.
• Directs and coordinates the implementation of prescribed operational policies, standards, and procedures as well as housekeeping measures, safety rules and regulations, and environmental laws to ensure proper compliance.
• Directs and coordinates the work of subordinates in the execution of the Department's operating programs to achieve its objectives and power generation targets, making sure that responsibility and accountability for delegated work are clearly defined and understood.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates plant operational performance, and implements improvements or corrective measures as needed to ensure optimum efficiency.
• Maintains current knowledge of new concepts, trends and methods on power plant operations and associated government laws and regulations to keep plant operations updated and operating in compliance at all times.
• Coordinates with the Maintenance Department on the implementation of preventive, corrective, and emergency operating programs to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient performance of all main and auxiliary equipment and machineries at all times.
• Coordinates with concerned department on the development and implementation of quality assurance and control programs and procedures to ensure boiler water, steam, and coal quality, as well as the quality of environmental parameters.
• Implements the company's performance evaluation system as well as its career development program for the Department's personnel.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of Training Programs and other interventions to improve job skills and enhance performance.
• Implements and ensures strict compliance to safety, security, health and environmental policies.
• Prepares, accomplishes, and submits reportorial requirements such as progress, status and performance reports, financial reports, and other relevant reports for management information and decision-making.
• 8 years’ experience power generation plant operations, with 3 years’ experience in a coal power plant as Superintendent
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Licensed Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
About the Company
Fortex Consulting is an industry leader in providing world class, talent-based career services for job candidates and client organizations alike. We are committed to offering the very best opportunities both National and International, which means our services are truly well suited for your every need.
Based in Frankfurt, Germany, Fortex Consulting is an established company formed in London, UK with a demonstrated track record in providing job candidates and client organizations the best access to the right opportunities in a wide variety of fields, professions, and disciplines. From Engineering to Finance to IT and more, we understand the key role that talent plays in achieving market dominance.