Job description / Role
* Oversees the Plant’s generation and dispatch by monitoring output of the generating units to ensure that these are according to targets, customer requirement and agreement.
* Ensures the safety and efficiency of personnel and equipment by implementing established policies, standards and procedures on the safe and efficient operation by regularly monitoring the plant efficiency and performance.
* Ensures 100% availability and reliability of all generating units by leading the Operations and Maintenance heads in addressing concerns affecting the availability and operating conditions that affect plant capacity and other performance standards.
* Directs the preparation and implementation of total maintenance program (electrical, mechanical, instrumentation) for generating units, equipment, support facilities and utilities to achieve desired level of efficiency, availability, reliability, and safety of all the generating units.
* Reviews and approves preventive and corrective maintenance programs and processes to ensure that machine malfunctions are reduced or avoided, cost of repairs are minimized and facilities and equipment are restored to an acceptable operating condition after breakdown.
* Regularly reviews and updates usage rate of spare parts inventory and recommend minimum and maximum inventory level taking into consideration purchasing delivery lead time to minimize ensure 100% availability of spare parts.
* Implements Continuous Improvement Programs to achieve cost efficient operations.
* Oversees the plant’s compliance to company policies,procedures and guidelines.
* Oversees the provision of HR services, financial services and supply management services to ensure that the needs of the plant are met.
* Ensures coordination and collaboration of plant personnel with various functional groups on matters relating to Environment, Health and Safety, administration, procurement/supply chain management, finance, legal, security and HR.
* Ensures compliance of the plants to the Grid Code, EPIRA Law, ERB, NGCP, PSALM and WESM requirements, as well as with ECC, EPSA and all MOA obligations.
* Ensures the implementation of approved Safety, Health, and Environment, and Security programs, policies and procedures to protect the health, safety and welfare of all site personnel
* Ensures the security of all assets in the site in coordination with the company Security Manager.
* Regularly reviews plant organizational setup and manpower requirement in implementing organizational change to improve efficiency.
* Reviews and approves appropriate development and training programs of operations and maintenance teams in accordance with the company’s training goals and ensure implementation of identified training programs.
* Evaluates the performance and contributions of direct reports based on targets.
* Manages the prudent utilization of the Plant’s budget and resources by periodic review of financial reports on expenditures against budget and forecast.
* Reviews and recommends operations plans, annual budget and projections for the succeeding year based on forecast, including preparation and monitoring of CAPEX .
* Identifies levels of business interruption risks due to equipment or machine breakdown and recommends adequate terms of insurance cover.
* Assists and participates in Community Relations Programs approved by Management to maintain and improve relationships with host community residents and local government unit officials.
* Cultivates and enhances relationships with NPC, PSALM, ERC, DOE, PEMC, DENR and other concerned agencies at the management and field levels.
* At least 10 years in a coal power plant generation facility
* At least 5 years in supervisory and 5 years in managerial capacity
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Registered Mechanical Engineering
About the Company
Fortex Consulting is an industry leader in providing world class, talent-based career services for job candidates and client organizations alike. We are committed to offering the very best opportunities both National and International, which means our services are truly well suited for your every need.
Based in Frankfurt, Germany, Fortex Consulting is an established company formed in London, UK with a demonstrated track record in providing job candidates and client organizations the best access to the right opportunities in a wide variety of fields, professions, and disciplines. From Engineering to Finance to IT and more, we understand the key role that talent plays in achieving market dominance.