Job description / Role
Reports to: Project Director/ Senior PM Role
As a Retail Direct Works Project Manager, you are required to provide the interface between all companies direct contractor packages and their coordination and delivery with the Landlord’s works program. You are required to act as the single focal point of contact between all companies Retail stakeholders, external consultants and their Construction Contractor(s), ensuring the desired project objectives are integrated into one of the Malls of Asia development. You must have adequate knowledge and information about the company’s Retail business and the project in order to make informed value-add decisions for both the Client and (the Company). The team you will manage will also include Design Managers and Construction Supervisors and a 44 hour week is envisaged that includes alternate Saturdays.
- To manage the retail consultants, and divisions including; logistics, retail planning, IMS, safety & security, IT, Conveyor, Specialist Kitchen contractor and coordinate these direct package works into the Landlord’s construction delivery.
- To support the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, schedule, cost, risk, technical, overall management and performance objectives.
- To lead the Retail direct works stakeholder management plan for the project so that all parties are aligned and understand their role and input.
- Define all parties’ roles and responsibilities and manage the delivery of the deliverables of all members of the project team.
- Lead the selection of team members, consultants, and contractors through the agreed procurement strategy.
- Devise and implement a project communication strategy for the project.
- Manage the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications.
- Set up a meeting structure and meeting chairing arrangements and process for taking and issuing minutes and follow up.
- Prepare formal project progress and other reports.
- Lead overall project planning and scheduling particularly for all long lead direct supply work.
- Define and set up a robust and detailed program and establish KPI’s and progress metrics for progress reporting and identify potential areas of concern.
- Define the parameters for the progress control within the different disciplines and main activities in cooperation with the discipline managers.
- Collation of data and information to enable the tracking of progress and management of the project change journal.
- Prepare formal project progress and other reports. Implement an appropriate and effective project or program management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project
- Co-ordinate and direct end-user input throughout the project lifecycle
- Appraise options and submit to the Client for approval
- Secure resources and expertise from the Client as required, e.g. appoint professional advisers to support the project sponsor role
- Coordinate the value management strategy
- Manage project budget, including risk allowance
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client
- Develop and implement the risk management plan including the management of the risk register and to then track the mitigation action plan
- To identify and ensure that the appropriate parties particularly 3rd party direct supply and install contractors are aware of quality, safety, health, and environmental issues.
- To maintain effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout the project.
- Determine and manage risks that may affect the project in any way, particularly schedule, budget or quality/specifications
- Facilitate effective communication and action as the sole point of contact between the Client, the Retail Establishment stakeholders, and site consultant team
- Assist the design team and site delivery team to identify and resolve problems
- Coordinate and foster teamwork between all project stakeholders
- Manage the procurement, delivery, and coordination of site delivery team’s performance of delegated responsibilities
- Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the site delivery team
- Ensure the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion
- Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk sharing
- Practice sound people management principles to ensure that the team of staff, contractors and JV partners works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of the project and individual objectives
- Plan for and undertake annual performance reviews in line with PMC processes
- Lead the overall project team in terms of design, procurement, contract, cost, change, and construction management
- Define the parameters for cost control and procedures to enable efficient project controls and implement these via the PEP and PCP
- Negotiate and convert contracts as required by the project
- Oversee the award of contracts and ensure the client is adequately protected
- Chair meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate finalization of client accounts, provide substantiated recommendations for variations
- Look for opportunities to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value
- Identify and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably
- Develop and maintain good relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors, and adjoining property owners
- Manage and coordinate the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants, and building managers
- Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the site PMC team
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Client and Company
- Maintain up-to-date project scope sheets and resumes for the project team for use by the Company
- Project Execution Plan & Project Controls Plan
- Stakeholder Map
- Communications strategy
- Risk management plan
- Program management plan
- Meetings schedule
- Project progress reports and presentations
- Ad hoc project reports and recommendations as required
You will operate within the constraints of the particular contract for which you have been appointed. You will have financial delegations for the Company in accordance with the financial authorities established by the Company, and as amended from time to time.
This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
Skills and Attributes
You are expected to:
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project
- Support and provide leadership to your project team.
- You should possess a degree or trade qualifications in a construction related discipline and have a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Highfield Company