Job description / Role
• Perform duties during a 12 hour shift at austere communications sites and on a rotational basis perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location.
• Brief senior leadership on actions and solutions to problems
• Responsible for the Installation, maintenance and operation of all site telecommunications systems and equipment.
• Perform tests and services on all site communications equipment, computers and their associated local area networks, secure and non-secure switching networks, cable and Direct TV Satellite equipment, Video Teleconferencing and radio systems and equipment, and maintain inside plant cabling as required.
• Maintain and update daily maintenance reports and logs as required.
• Brief high level executives on status and maintenance plans that effect network outages and losses.
• Give solutions that minimize outages.
• Work independent with customer on immediate solution to network problems.
• Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
• General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressure. The nature of work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
• General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Active TS/SCI security clearance (US Citizenship required) and be eligible to obtain and hold special accesses
• BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and two (2) to three (3) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline.
• Network and Systems Administrator
• PC maintenance
• Video Teleconferencing Systems operation
• Switching systems
• Radio systems equipment operation and maintenance o Inside plant cabling
• Telecommunications equipment operation and maintenance
• Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts and support standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.