Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a number of talented Interior Designers to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal. These positions will be responsible for professional interior design services in planning, developing and coordinating world class corporate offices and residential projects from concept design phase to the completion of construction documents.
We envisage success in this role to include
- Provides conceptual design, design development and production drawings of interior projects.
- Selects interior finishes, furniture and equipment.
- Reviews pricing, material and value engineering for ID projects.
- Produces space plans, furniture plans, and elevations, conceptual and finishes design presentation documentation, detailed specifications and construction documentation.
- Documents design ideas into construction drawings for permit and bids.
- Incorporates applicable building codes and ensures code compliance.
- Provides solutions to design problems and generates design alternatives.
- Reviews drawings, mock ups , materials and finish samples to be submitted by the Project Manager.
- Assists in writing furniture's , fixtures and equipment finishes specifications which are then used as part of the contract documents of the project.
- Ensures quality design and promotes the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
- Participates in selection of color and materials for projects in coordination with other team members for presentations to client.
- Reviews pricing, materials and customization for project and provides design support for completion/execution of design concepts.
- Provides solutions to design problems and generates design plans.
- Meets with the interior materials and products sales representatives (ie. fabric, carpet and furniture) for latest new additions to their product lines.
- To be successful in one of these dynamic opportunities, we envision that your career journey to date will range from a minimum of 1 years' to minimum of 5 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design.
- International project experience, specifically Middle East project experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in BIM / CAD software such as REVIT is essential.
- Skills in Sketchup, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign software skills should be of a high standard.
- English communication skills will be required at a professional level.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.