Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose, we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Project Engineer - Transportation , to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal.
This critical role will be responsible for providing key technical expertise and input at different stages of multiple projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery within the transportation discipline.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include;
- Using UAE approved software SYNCHRO, Sidra and HCS to assess intersection operation and develop improvement measures.
- Undertaking trip generation, traffic survey and other forms of data analysis and presenting findings in high quality presentations.
- Understanding of design requirements and Dubai and Abu Dhabi standards for access, car park and junction layouts.
- Analysis of parking layouts including supply and demand calculations.
- Supporting the preparation of Access and Circulation Studies, Transportation Impact Studies and Transportation Master Plans project coordination.
- Development and interrogation of strategic and micro-simulation transport models including VISUM and VISSIM at the direction of senior colleagues.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 3 years career experience partnered with a Bachelor degree in Transportation or Civil Engineering discipline.
- You will have demonstrated experience in Transport Planning or Traffic Engineering.
- Excellent report writing and communications skills in English.
- The ability to innovatively solve a wide range of transportation problems.
- The ability to work as part of an international distributed team.
- Basic experience in VISUM, VISSIM or Cube junction/intersection analysis software and the ability to quickly learn SYNCHRO, Sidra and HCS.
- The ability to use Autodesk as well as strong skills using MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- You will have worked as part of a multidisciplinary team providing transportation advice and solutions on large scale developments.
- Ideally membership of a transportation professional institution and working towards professional accreditation of either IEng, CEng or P.E.
- International project experience will be viewed favourably.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work. We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.