Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Architect to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal . This position is responsible for overseeing the entire design process or assisting as a technical expert on a specialized design. It is expected that the position will work on several concurrent projects and has extensive experience in all areas of architectural design.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Assisting the Project Architect with Client and project coordination.
- May operate as a Project Leader and prepares schedules, budgets and quality requirements. Assesses the project requirements, breaks the project down into tasks and works with the Project Manager to determine the scope of works, budget and staffing.
- Provides solutions to resolve complex design issues that are technical in nature.
- Coordinates construction document preparation with supervision by Project Manager or Project Architect which includes analyzing building/zoning codes, outlining document contents, review compliance with design intent and use of materials and coordination with specifications, promote adherence to office standards and procedures, conduct research and create details, and continually review compliance with the design intent and use of materials.
- Reviews the work of consultants for coordination purposes with the Project Manager or Project Architect.
- Advises the design team on technical issues influencing design, coordinates with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and regulatory agencies.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 8 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Architecture.
- International project experience will be highly regarded.
- BIM competency partnered with an excellent understanding of all technical aspects, code requirements, high familiarity with specifications, NBS/CSI format and international standards is required.
- English communication skills will be required at a professional level.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.