Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Interior Design - Future Opportunity to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal . This position is responsible for providing professional interior design services to world class corporate offices and residential projects including preparation and presentation of complete design scheme from concept design phase to the completion of construction documents. The roles requires preparation of interior design concepts and facilitates high quality project documentation required for the different project phases and coordinates with other design disciplines as required to integrate interior design on a project-by-project basis.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Responsible for developing interior design concepts in coordination with the architecture team.
- Provides conceptual design, design development and production drawings of interior projects. Produces space plans, furniture plans, and elevations, 3D models, presentation documentation, detailed specifications, and construction documentation.
- Applies knowledge of furniture, fixtures and equipment and prepares or supervises preparation of FF&E budgets and FF&E specifications.
- Selects interior finishes, furniture, and equipment. Reviews drawings, mockups, materials and finishes samples to be submitted by the Project Manager.
- Presents designs to the client, including putting together sketches, color boards and sample materials.
- Responsible for generating interior design drawings utilizing AutoCAD, Revit or other suitable software, using own judgement and analysis.
- Reviews pricing, materials and customization for project and provides design support for completion/execution of design concepts.
- Incorporate applicable building codes and ensures code compliance for applicable regulations.
- Develop and document interior design details as required on project-by-project basis.
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives.
- Incorporate sustainable design measures as applicable.
- Writes or reviews FF&E and finishes specifications which are then used as part of the contract documents of the project.
- Leads a team to develop interior design concepts.
- Provides solutions to design problems and generates design plans.
- Provide project data as requested by Project Architect or Project Manager (i.e. finish schedules, material samples, furniture information, etc.).
- Meet with the interior materials and products sales representatives (ie. fabric, carpet and furniture) to stay current on product lines.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years' work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate international project experience, with Middle East project experience preferred.
Fulfilling a similar team leadership role for the last 5 years will be highly regarded and BIM competency partnered with an excellent understanding of all technical aspects, code requirements and high familiarity with specifications is required. Additionally, a high standard of competency is a prerequisite for Autocad, Sketchup, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign software.
English communication skills will be required at a professional level.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.