Job description / Role
Due to the continued success of our Middle East operations, we are looking for a 3D Visualization Specialist to join our diverse team in Doha, Qatar.
You will work collaboratively with the team and Client to deliver unique and innovative 3D digital twins using state of the art technology such as Virtual and Augmented Reality solutions for our client.
The Data Visualization Specialist must possess a unique ability to represent visually complex drainage network data using various forms of data processing, visual design and software programs. Must be able to use creativity and professional judgment in order to resolve design and technical challenges. Must be adaptable to a constantly evolving collaborative and interdisciplinary workflow within the organization.
The 3D Visualization Specialist shall:
• Create and develop 3D visualizations of assets for example: Buildings, Utility Networks, STWs, Pump Stations, Underpasses, Tunnels etc.
• Create detailed Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) using the latest LiDAR sources.
• Utilize static and mobile LiDAR surveys and process the collected data using a variety of data processing techniques.
• Design visualization materials and Virtual/ Augmented Reality models to enable real-world asset views for the purposes of drainage operations and maintenance activities available for desktop and mobile use.
• Develop key documentation on process workflows as part of knowledge transfer.
• Drive yourself to learn and grow by keeping ahead of the latest developments and technologies.
• This is an amazing opportunity to work on a major drainage infrastructure asset visualizations in Qatar, and positively impact the lives of the communities.
• The duration of employment is for a minimum of 2 years.
• An Undergraduate or Master’s degree in either Civil
• Engineering, Computer Science, GIS and Mapping Technologies
• At least 5 years of experience in 3D visuals
• Strong knowledge of the ESRI Suite of software, Civils 3D, Navisworks
• Some knowledge of programming is a plus
• Previous experience in an Engineering, Construction or Environmental sector is a plus
• Comfortable presenting to clients and offering assistance to peers
• Ability to juggle with multiple client engagement and requests
• A positive can-do attitude and passion for learning
• Strong Stakeholder management skills ideally including work within the Middle East
• Arabic speaker / writer is an advantage
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.