Job description / Role
Rixos Doha Qetaifan
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
This position is responsible for the staff Accommodation, staff Welfare, inventory, maintenance, staff facility maintenance, cleaning, and responsible for events activities for the well-being of team members, handle T&C logistics and provide administrative support in the Talent & Culture function. Ensure that Heartist well-being is well taken care of and deliver timely and accurate Talent & Culture services at all highest level
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that the Team members accommodation is well secured and team members are accommodated as per their entitlements in line with the Talent & Culture Policy
- Set and review standards and ensure that they are communicated to all accommodation colleagues
- Maintain up to date records of accommodation, which clearly states occupied and vacant spaces within the Team accommodation
- Maintain up to date records of all contracts relevant to all leased apartment and ensure that all renewal documentation are conducted on a timely basis
- Assign accommodation to new team members according to the designation and grade of the team members
- Ensure the smooth running of accommodation facilities, including the safety and wellbeing of team members
- Welcoming new joiners at the airport and ensuring appropriate level of accommodation is assigned at all times.
- Assist all the newly joined team members in showing all team facilities
- Liaise with the Hotel Nurse who is sick in the hotel and at the same time provide he/she food, fruits and get well soon card
- Update the accommodation Master List once the new team member arrives and resigned/terminated team members departs
- Responsible in preparing the Certificates for Monthly Recognition / Team Gathering
- Check daily in the morning and afternoon the team facilities assuring they are clean and tidy
- Organizes staff recreational activities in coordination with T&C Team
- Keeps team housing notice boards clean and updated with notices
- Conducts regular room inspections in coordination with T&C and Security
- Be fully conversant with hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
- Carries out regular inspections of team members rooms in coordination with T&C and Security to ensure constant cleanliness and proper upkeep by employees, as well to retrieve Resort equipment
- Manage on a day-to-day basis, the corporate governance structure and decision making framework, ensuring all necessary information is recorded and administered effectively
- Comply with Local legislation and requirements.
- To organize regular sports events in conjunction with the hotel's Talent & Culture division, and to maintain an updated notice board with staff lists, results, updates and ranking
- To attend weekly meetings in the hotel's Talent & Culture department.
- 4 week planner for new arrivals / leavers / transfers (allocation)
- Monthly activities planner
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
- To maintain all keys of the compound, and manage the key distribution and inventory.
- To receive new team members, check-in and check-out new arrivals and leavers, and to transfer team members where necessary.
- To receive new arrivals, and prepare their respective accommodation with the standard welcome pack. To inform apartment occupants of new arrivals.
- To be responsible for allocation of spaces, respecting local legislation, benefits code, family status, sex and ethical standards.
- To conduct regular inventories in the public areas of the compound, and specific inventories for resigned/terminated Heartists before approving the Exit Clearance.
- To coordinate the daily cleaning of the complex with the Housing Supervisors and the respective contracting company.
- To arrange a weekly linen-change program in conjunction with the hotel's laundry department. This covers the linen-exchange, issuing, storing, transportation to hotel and pickup of cleaned linen.
- To coordinate the maintenance requests of all apartments, in conjunction with the hotel's engineering department (including an ongoing maintenance program) and local contractors.
- To coordinate the landscaping upkeep with the respective contracting company.
- To establish a "Lost & Found" procedure for the staff village.
- To establish and monitor periodic pest control system.
- To maintain proper par stock of all items and inventories.
- Counsel hotel personnel as and when needed in areas such as career planning, training and development and employee relations
- Investigate and review all disciplinary actions to ensure the actions are complying with the labor law, hotel rules and regulations. Discuss with department heads an appropriate action and recommend the final results in consultation with the Talent & Culture Manager
- Maintain a good working relations with all departments and all professional external contacts
- Develop and implement recruitment procedures and strategies to attract the most qualified candidates for position vacancies in the hotel
- Conduct performance review and manages performance issues that arise within the team
- Constantly monitor team members performance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Develop, conduct maintain all staff training programs for team members, focusing on their development needs, providing them with new skills to meet the changing needs of the business
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Managing Accommodation facilities
- Previous work experience in Qatar with a Doha Drivers license is required for this role
- Higher Education in Hospitality or Hotel Management.
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel & Word
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to make decisions while handling numerous projects at one time
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Dubai Parks and Resorts