Job description / Role
• Apply financial knowledge and skills on division specific accounting and reporting issues whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards. Collect and analyze financial data.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Timely preparation of reports and analysis related to direct and allocated project / operating cost.
• Timely preparation of project summary reports such as green book, well-wise reports, IO vs WBS, and cost tracker reconciliations.
• Prepare inventory movement analysis and provide meaningful explanation on movements.
• Reviewing project cost, invoices, SES and administration of the same in SAP.
• Ensure timely preparation of project accruals and other accounting adjustment entries and upload of the same to SAP.
• Perform project cash forecasts to meet cash requirements. Manage timely preparation of funding/cash calls/ billing statements for the projects including analysis of actual cash expenditures vs cash call to optimize cash balances.
• Assist in developing WP&B inputs for all project and operating activities including headcount verification, expenditure phasing and validation with project plan.
• Assist in preparation of WP&B packs for management and provide meaningful analysis comparing previous submission against current year WP&B.
• Ensure complete and accurate upload of budget/forecast to BPC and validate the same.
• Must have at least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in Accounting and Finance experience, Prior experience working with Projects related business units is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
• Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programs and SAP.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.