Job description / Role
The Accountant specialist performs the consolidation of all ledgers and accounts by accurately entering data into ERP systems to ensure timeliness of management reporting. The Accountant Specialist monitors fixed assets accounting, ensures accuracy in reconciliation of accounts in line with custodian departments. It also supports the Human Capital section by being the backup payroll officer in the absence of the Compensation and Benefits Officer.
- Examines all General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis by identifying errors, rectifying amendments, passing necessary journal entries, and notifying the concerned staff.
- Ensures data entries completed in various modules are accurate by setting necessary procedures and standards for data entry; checks on work and entries to ensure accuracy.
- Generates and submits the monthly work sheet for Financial Performance Report to ensure alignment with Trial Balance.
- Submits the information to the Head- Budgeting & Reporting to proceed the next steps and supports meetings regarding the Monthly Cost Centre Review and proceeds with any required actions.
- Examines and evaluates the accrued expenses by reviewing departmental expenses on a monthly basis, prompting the Department Heads regarding departments’ surpluses or deficits and facilitating in clearing the accruals in the same year.
- Reviews and submits the Work Sheet for Financial Performance Reports to the Chiefs and Department Heads and facilitates meetings for the Monthly Cost Centre Review by handling accordingly the minutes of meetings( MoM) and proceeding with the necessary actions to resolve queries after consideration from the Head- Budgeting & Reporting.
- Prepares the summary of forecasting templates in order to create reports of various departments on a quarterly basis.
- As and where necessary, arranges the budget transfer based on the agreement by the Department Head and Head- Budgeting & Reporting through obtaining the required documentation and completing/ resolving budget queries following meetings.
- Processes employee related payments (e.g. final settlement, salary advance) following instructions from Human Capital (HC) section regarding separation of employees.
- Supports the Specialist with auditing process by providing any required information, documents, etc. to facilitate this process and ensure timely closure of the non-compliance for Finance department.
- Manages and contributes to the reconciliation assets for the Company by reviewing the asset register report, clearing account on a monthly basis, creating fixed assets journals, tracking additions of new assets in the system, categorising assets journals, coordinating with custodian departments for carrying out physical assets verification, updating the ERP system and maintaining the registrar.
- Provides back up support to the HC team specifically to Officer- Compensation & Benefits , as and when required by completing the payroll in absence of the relevant member of the team.
- Provides support in implementation of system enhancements and changes to the ERP as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Finance Accounting.
Job Specific Skills:
- Experience in Financial & management accounting
- Experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience in automating and using systems to support Finance processes
- Good analytics skills with knowledge of international accounting standards and ERP systems
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Attention to details
- Strong communication and time management capabilities
- Highly organized
- Good Power point skills in particular Excel
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Irwin & Dow
National Power Construction Corporation Limited
American Trade (ATC Co.)