Job description / Role
NOTE: This role is open to Qatari Nationals that have recently Graduated. We apologise in advance that we will not be reviewing expatriate candidates for this position.
• To be involved in the day to day General Ledger accounting, Payments, receipts and cash management activities of the company and to ensure timely and quality preparation of the General Ledger Reports, Monthly Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements in compliance with all Company’s Accounting Policies and Procedures
• Carry out the accounting activities in compliance with Group’s Accounting Policies and Procedures and in accordance with the Chart of accounts of the Company.
• Contribute to the development and oversee the implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the department activities to ensure that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
• Prepare Journals entries which are supported with relevant documents and ensure that the journal entries are in compliance with applicable financial reporting requirements.
• Liaise with other departments within the company to gather information to support journal entries.
• Processing the daily payments in the ERP to ensure vendors are paid on timely basis.
• Maintain updated chart of accounts for the Company.
• Maintain an updated fixed assets register in ERP.
• Preparing invoices for the customers in accordance with the development management agreement.
• Preparing bank reconciliations.
• Coordination with payroll team for the reconciliation of the payroll accounts.
• Control and review budget for corporate payments
• Ensure the issuance and coordinate the review of the monthly trial balance. The review would include accounts analysis, identification of discrepancies, follow-up requests and initiation of corrective actions.
• Preparation of monthly journal vouchers for accruals, provisions and manual entries from other non-integrated IT systems.
• Coordinate and provide information to the auditors at the time of internal audit, State audit, annual audit and review of interim financial information.
• Complete reconciliation of the account balances assigned and ensure that the balances are properly supported.
• Prepare periodic management reporting based on Group guidelines.
• Assist in ensuring compliance to regular closing activities/schedules/timelines.
• Ensuring that accounts are maintained in compliance with IFRS.
• Prepare Company’s Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS.
• Take the role of ERP financial lead and coordinate ERP implementation and ensure continuous improvement.
• Qatari National
• Recently Graduated from an accountancy Discipline
• Professional body membership certification will be welcomed but not mandatory
• Strong technical skills
• Effective Communication
• Good interpersonal skills
• Perseverance and attention to detail
About the Company
A leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar.
Senior Accountant - APV
Astrolabe Capital LLC
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.
Accountant - APV
Astrolabe Capital LLC
Dara Engineering Consultants