Job description / Role
- Responsible for processing all invoices and statements in accordance with authorized purchase instructions.
- Record and process payment of goods and services incurred by the hotel, according to appropriate terms and to take advantage of available discounts in line with Accor finance policies and procedures.
- Perform any other reasonable duty requested by the Cluster Financial Controller/Executive Director Finance
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
Core Work Activities:
- Collate supplier's documentation for processing, matching invoices and delivery dockets with the corresponding purchase order.
- Ensure a "3-way match" - a properly approved (and issued) purchase document and a properly signed receiving document, both of which match the invoice submitted by the supplier.
- Review edit report from receiver and check that general ledger codes are correct and check to ensure that invoices are totalled correctly.
- Ensure all credit notes are posted correctly to reconcile against suppliers' statements and printed on the remittance advice.
- Balance receiving reports.
- Reconcile Food, Beverage and General Inventory items and Food & Beverage direct items with Food and Beverage Control Department on a Daily / Weekly purchase Log.
- Input Information into the A/P system.
- Reconcile invoices to statements.
- Prepare cheque for approval on a weekly basis. Cheques must be mailed by an employee independent of accounts payable function and paid invoices cancelled.
- Maintain cheque issue log.
- Cancel Invoices after payment.
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly with hotel records and follow-up on any discrepancies.
- Maintain batch register and balance daily to General Ledger.
- Maintain an effective filing system. For unpaid supplier invoices, the filing is by supplier code and for paid invoices by month which the invoices were paid. Records must be retained for auditing and tax purposes for up to ten years.
- Answer all reasonable supplier requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Produce and review monthly A/P Distribution report and perform the A/P month end close.
- Prepare Accruals Journal at month end for regular suppliers and delivery dockets not paid.
- Complete all supplier credit applications.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Accountable and expected to fully comply with the company's safety policies
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Accor Control-related tasks
- Understand control frameworks including self-audits & controls defined by Accor Internal Controls team.
OSH (Occupational Safety & Health) Responsibilities
- Participate in the risk assessment activities.
- Develop new work procedures as required, in coordination with department heads
- Provide all employees with relevant OSH information in an appropriate manner;
- Ensuring that all works are conducted in a manner safe and without risk to employees and visitors
- Planning to do all work safely;
- Providing advice and assistance on OSH to all employees;
- Action in OSH reports and carrying out workplace inspections;
- Preparing and participating in OSH meetings and OSH programs;
- Ensuring on safe work practices at all times;
- Conducting toolbox talks and daily team briefings
- Ensure that all incidents are reported to the OSH Manager
All cash handling associates are required to understand:
- Policies & procedures specified in Accor Standards such as Cashiering Responsibilities, Cashier Overage & Shortages.
- Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience as Accounts Payable in 5 Star Hotel
- High level of IT understanding.
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
- Problem Solving
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Customer Service Orientation
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanour
- Stress Tolerance
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Files Security
- Microsoft Office
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accounts Receivables, Tax & Treasury Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Senior Accounting Manager
Quest Search & Selection