Job description / Role
- Timely recording of transactions in General Ledger and various sub-ledgers of the accounting system and legacy systems.
- Preparation of documents related to banks (Daily deposit Slips, LCs, Payments, cheques etc.)
- Assist in Monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly general ledger reconciliations and sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure the necessary timely input for Inter Unit reconciliations
- Assist the verification of inventory, cash
- Perform fixed assets tagging and support physical verification process.
- Support the document management system as per the company policies
- Any other functions assigned by the immediate supervisor in relation to the functional area.
- Support the preparation of Debit Notes / Credit Notes to Customers & Suppliers.
- Sent statement of accounts to suppliers / customers
- Ensure timely data collection and data analysis
- Communicate with internal and external parties for managing daily tasks
- Timely execution of tasks required to achieve the department's short term strategic goals.
- Strive to improve the efficiency of doing daily tasks
- Assist in on-boarding of new employees, when required.
- Minimum University degree in Accounting & Commerce from a Reputed University
- Experience: Minimum 1-2 year experience in an accounting environment
- Around 22 to 25 years of age.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and in particular EXCEL skills.
- Good business communication skills.
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.