Job description / Role
The Administrative Assistant (Sales) is to provide administrative support to the respective Sales Team Leaders i.e. Director of Sales (DOS), Assistant Director of Sales (ADOS), Senior Sales Manager (SSO), Sales Manager (SM) and Sales Executive (SE) including handling and responding sales enquiries via emails and tele-sales in the absence of the Sales team leaders in a timely manner.
Observes and adheres to the Values of Accor, i.e. Guest Passion, Respect, Innovation, Trust, Sustainable Performance and Spirit of Conquest.
Internally (excludes your immediate supervisor(s) and subordinates)
- Revenue Management and Reservations Team.
- Marketing Communications Team.
- Events and Food and Beverage Team.
- Front Office and Butler Team.
- Finance Team and Information Technology.
- Engineering and Security / Safety Team.
- Talent and Culture Team.
- Raffles Gift Shop Team.
- Relevant clients when joint appointment with Sales Team Leader.
SUPPORTS RESPECTIVE SALES TEAM LEADERS TO HANDLE INCOMING SALES INQUIRIES
- Handles clients' enquiries, conduct site inspection in the absence of DOS / ADOS / SSM / SM / SE.
- Prepares sales proposals, contracts and assist to follow up in a timely manner.
- Prepares sales materials including presentation, sales kit etc.
PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE SALES SUPPORT
- Organises and coordinate meetings, conferences and travel arrangements.
- Arranges and confirms appointments.
- Organises internal and external events.
- Handles incoming mails and other materials.
- Sets up and maintains filing systems as per division standards.
- Collates information, maintains database to ensure they are up-to-date.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information in a timely manner.
- Liaises with internal and external contacts.
- Coordinates the flow of information both internally and externally.
- Maintains adequate stock of all sales materials as suited to required quantities.
AD-HOC PROJECTS CHAMPION
- Assists and supports in ad-hoc projects assigned by respective Sales team leaders.
PARTICIPATION IN ACCOR / RAFFLES CORPORATE PROGRAMMES
- Actively participates in min. 3 Accor / Raffles Corporate Programmes such as Planet21, Raffles Outreach, etc.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- Timeliness in responsiveness to guests and reports submission.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Accuracy of work assigned / tasked.
Span of Control
- Nature Amount
- Response Time to Enquiries Within 24-hr acknowledgment
- Database Management Accuracy and up-to-date data in Opera S&C
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 'O' level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and experience of relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word processing, and database management.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum or more than 1-year work experience in same capacity.
- Sales experience in a hotel is an advantage.
- Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures and business principles an advantage.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Ability to speak other language and basic understanding of local languages an advantage.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to pay attention to details.
- Able to work under time pressure.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Client / people oriented.
- Displays initiative.
- Team player / builder.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to long working hours.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks and has a sense of urgency.
- IT Savvy and well versed with systems
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.