Administrative Assistant - Transport
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
• Provide administrative and secretarial assistance to Transport function while ensuring proper documents and records are maintained for the work carried out in the function.
• Implement rules and regulations pertaining to transport function so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to employees and clients.
• Receive transport requests through various channels (e-mail, telephone, radeo etc.) and schedule, plan and execute duty roster for Drivers.
• Update system records and co-ordinate with Account / HR and other Departments on matters related to the transport function.
• Create and maintain various documents and records as required in the SAP and other filing systems.
• Draft and issue of memos and circulars as necessary.
• Provide administrative support to various stake holders in the department.
• To maintain proper filling of all documents handled in the department (system records and manual as required).
• Keep the office stationery and monitor usage.
• Coordination with other departments on administrative or transport matters or as instructed by supervisors.
• Perform the duty as document controller for technical documents like bids, specification, invoice etc. held by the departments and make records easily available during internal and external audits.
• Data entry work (MR, Receipts, and Stock adjustment) related to SAP / material inventory System
• Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Performs other secretarial and clerical duties or assignments as directed.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Knowledge of SAP & Office soft wares.
• Graduate in any discipline.
• Clerical & administrative experience in a large commercial & business set-up
• Experience in transport companies would be desirable
• 4 years' experience
Job Specific Competencies:
• English (written & verbal) / Hindi - Urdu (Verbal) /Arabic (desirable)
• MS Office Skills
• Ability to draft letters and memos
• Fair accounting / finance skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Valuing Diversity
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.