Job description / Role
GU-Q's Center for International and Regional Studies (CIRS) aims to recruit Administrative Coordinator who will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the entire unit. The position will also help coordinate a variety of programs, events, and activities within the department. The position will have access to confidential information and therefore, requires a high-level of discretion and judgment.
• Prepare purchase requisitions, review invoices and provide necessary paperwork to ensure vendors are paid accurately;
• Prepare and review reimbursement paperwork for CIRS staff, ensuring compliance with audit requirements;
• Review, organize, and update several contact databases to ensure that constituents in Qatar and internationally are receiving CIRS communications, including information about research opportunities and events;
• Coordinate the hiring and direct the day-to-day activities of student workers;
• Coordinate travel and logistics for CIRS, including guest speakers, fellows, and CIRS staff travelling abroad;
• Coordinate travel and other logistical needs for the CIRS Faculty Workshop series;
• Maintain e-mail correspondence with invitees and contacts
• Manage the applications for various CIRS fellowships and grants so that decision-making committees have all information at their disposal;
• Provide active support for the events, including greeting visitors, escorting VIPs, and ensuring the proper placement or display of materials;
• Assist supervisor in the preparation of a variety of documents, including taking minutes at meetings, reports, and presentations;
• Maintain the physical appearance of the department, including requesting repairs from facilities as needed;
• Manage the logistical and organizational details for CIRS Faculty Book Publication Series;
• Manage CIRS Undergraduate Research Advancement Lunch Talks;
• Assist in the onboarding of new employees;
• Liaise with colleagues in both Doha and Washington campuses to follow up on pending issues, schedule meetings, and clarify questions regarding the center;
• Respond to ad-hoc requests for reports, lists, faculty and staff data;
• Support members of the department on assigned project-based work.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• 3+ years’ experience providing professional administrative support to a department; preferably in a multinational or an academic organization;
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
• Strong command of the English language, both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to take initiative and work proactively with great attention to detail;
• Excellent critical and analytical thinking;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to multi-task, organize work, and maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Proficiency with Windows and MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
• Prior experience in a multicultural environment is highly desirable.
About the Company
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is located on the Education City campus in Doha, Qatar and offers a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for the community. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree program is delivered by the world renowned Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service with a curriculum that is identical to that offered to students in Washington, D. C. Each year, GU-Q admits a class of approximately 75 students, primarily from the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia. GU-Q is sponsored by Qatar Foundation and is one of six American universities located within Education City. All students have access to a superb range of recreational and housing facilities offered by Qatar Foundation and they take classes in classrooms equipped with state of the art technology. The campus currently boasts the presence of the largest public access library in Qatar. The compensation, benefits, terms of employment and professional development opportunities for GU-Q faculty and staff are highly competitive.