Job description / Role
• Under the guidance of the Registrar, this role is mainly responsible for providing high-level administrative coordination of processes related to students’ and Alumni, academic and other related records. The position will have a particular focus on Clinical Electives.
• Provides administrative support to the Registrar including screening, logging and prioritizing incoming mail; coordinating daily calendar; screening and arranging appointments; receiving visitors to the office as appropriate; answering routine inquiries;
• Maintaining a secure filing system, arranging meetings, disseminating materials for meetings, arranging room bookings and catering, drafting routine correspondence in English and Arabic, creating templates, reports, statistical information and spreadsheet
• Provides back-up coverage for team members as directed
• Responsible for Sub-internships and electives offerings and maintenance on the Student Information System (SIS).
• Also responsible for scheduling students at HMC electives and coordinating communication between students and electives directors in order to ensure the accuracy of class rosters and clinical experiences
• Responsible for course evaluations recording. Maintains medical students' schedules, ensures proper correspondence with the NY Academic affairs office and other affiliated sites in regards to fourth year medical students' electives;
• Implements the colleges eligibility policy and procedure for students
• Coordinates the process for obtaining the Statement of Need for graduates and alumni according to ECFMG policies and guidelines
• Assists with development and maintenance of the areas policies and procedures manual, ensuring compliance and consistency in own area of operations; Helps in preparing Dean's letters; involved in documents submission for students to as required
• Collects, records, and maintains medical student records, including grades, and produces and disseminates reports, within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, and transcripts, ensuring compliance, timeliness, and accuracy
• Orders supplies and other purchases using appropriate systems and procedures; liaises with WCMC-Q faculty, staff, students, and QF administrative staff as appropriate and as directed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin or a related field
• 3 years related administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultures.
• Good communication skills in Arabic (written & spoken) is preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Work is completed in office environment. Approximately 60% is computer based, 40% desk office based.
• The job may require extended and varying work hours to meet demands
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.