Job description / Role
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, provides senior level administrative support to the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for all aspects relating to the Senior Associate Dean’s roles in Medical Education and CPD. The post-holder will be expected to assist with special tasks, events, projects and other activities as required working under the direction of the Directors of Medical Education Administration and CPD.
• Manages the calendar for the Senior Associate Dean. Schedules regular and one-off appointments, group meetings and conference calls.
• Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine and non-routine issues, requiring a high degree of discretion/diplomacy and time sensitivity.
• Develops and maintains collegial relationship with staff in the Dean’s Office, Office of Clinical and Faculty Affairs, Division of Student Affairs, and other departments or offices with which the Senior Associate Dean has frequent contact.
• Works with staff of the Office of Curriculum Development and clinical affiliates to schedule the Senior Associate Dean’s teaching and clinical responsibilities.
• Organizes travel for the Senior Associate Dean, including liaising with travel services vendor, the HR and Finance divisions in Doha and the office in NY to coordinate flights, hotel room reservations and transportation for educational or business purpose.
• Initiates shopping carts ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures. Assists with the review and coordination of the payment of invoices and reimbursement of business related expenses in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
• Drafts a variety of routine and higher-level correspondence including emails, letters, announcements and reports.
• Acts as committee secretary, prepares and distributes agendas and papers, records and transcribes minutes of regular and other meetings, including supporting ad hoc committees, where required.
• Uses word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to draft, edit and format a variety of documents such as presentations, itineraries, reports, manuscripts, research proposals and other publications.
• Assists with data collection and analysis. Collates information, prepares statistics and drafts reports for activities relating to Medical Education and/or CPD.
• Manages office files, photocopies, faxes and performs other tasks such as screening, logging and prioritizing incoming calls, mail and e-mails. Assists with the development and maintenance of office records and data.
• Performs other job-related duties as required.
• Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings with executive leadership, faculty and staff and external stakeholders.
• Assists faculty or staff from other WCM-Q divisions with any queries relating to the role of the Senior Associate Dean, either by providing information based on own knowledge or directing the query to other staff or faculty as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4 or more years’ secretarial/administrative experience.
• Previous experience working as a personal assistant would be advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Advanced skills in multi-tasking complex projects and following through to accurate completion
• Must be motivated and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent communication, planning, organizing and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple competing priorities
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.