Job description / Role
Analytics and BI Practice Head
As Analytics and BI Services Practice Head your responsibility will be to provide leadership and clear strategic direction for all aspects of the Analytics and BI practice and day to day activities, ensure timely delivery including managing outsourced partners/model. You must have in past: managed P&L for a large Analytics and BI services business for a large Professional Services / IT services / organization with large complex and multiyear engagements. Should have been involved Analytical tools, Business intelligence reporting tool, ERP, BI tools etc.
• Assist the Cluster Director in the development and implementation of Practice line services Firms’ strategy and gamut of activities.
• Develop practice strategy in alignment with the business and cluster level strategies.
• Build Strong liaisons with Enterprise providers for BI, Analytics and Tech. service offerings.
• Understand market trends to develop service offerings and specializations to cater to emerging trends.
• Liaise with the stakeholders to assimilate information, conduct analysis, and recommend new and suitable solutions for existing and potential clients.
• Identify sales and business development opportunities in coordination with the Cluster director and the marketing team to manage sales and communication.
• Ensure complete understanding of customer requirements before and during project execution.
• Identify sales and business development opportunities in coordination with the director and the marketing team to manage sales and communication.
• To ensure the projects are completed within pre decided budget and timelines.
• Regulate practice financials to ensure monthly, quarterly, and yearly practice revenue financial targets are met.
• Provide regular updates and practice reports to the Cluster Directors and other top management.
• Work with Sales, sales support, bid team, and other practices to respond to any opportunity.
• Approve the ORF for all new opportunities related to the BI, Analytics and Tech Services practice.
• Review and approve the proposal and costing for all opportunities or RFP responses.
• Review and approve the scope of work for assigned projects and statements of work, work breakdown structures, task estimates, and specific tasks and milestones to implement in undertaken projects.
• Review activities required in the project deliverable to develop and present high-level overview of the project approach, costs, resources, and coordinate mitigation for identified issues and risks.
• Establish and review quality assurance standards for projects aligned to the organizational standards.
• Provide guidance in identifying and qualifying technical problem areas in the undertaken projects and suitable solutions for the identified concerns.
• Ensure that risk mitigation plans are in place prior to commencement of the projects.
• Ensure risk reviews are regularly conducted during the project execution phase.
• Manage cross functional activities and resources with the project team in accordance with the project scope.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & INTERACTIONS
• Reports To: Director of Application & Technology Services
• Direct Reports: Program /Project Managers, Practice coordinator
• Indirect Reportees: Senior Consultants, Consultants, Associates
• A business acumen with a strategic ability
• Proven experience as practice head and other managerial positions with thorough understanding of Analytics and BI services, techniques, and methods.
• Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques, key metrics, SLAs, data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
• Required to identify and assess complex problems and creates competent solutions basis on analysis, in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives & vision.
• Interaction and management of stakeholders with Board Members, C suite, Ministry Officials, Senior Leadership including Functional/Department Heads levels at a client and/or within The Firm, involving negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
• Need to have mandatory prior experience in managing large Analytics & BI services practices / business lines for customers with experience in various aspects of Analytics and BI offering including Big Data, Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Integration
• University degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Administration with specialization in Information Technology from a recognized university.
• Overall 15+ years of relevant experience with a Digital / Professional Services /Technology delivery or Solutions provider
• Minimum of 5-6+ years of experience managing P&L and/or managing large analytics and BI services business line / practice and Should have managed large to medium size teams’ resources.
• Preferable experienced in program delivery that incorporates at least 2 or more emerging technology namely Cloud, IoT, Big Data Analytics, Automation, ETL, BI, MDM and Big Data etc.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Chief Director of Corporate Strategy & Planning
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Director, Strategy & New Business Development
|Kuwait City||16 Mar|
Director of Technical Delivery
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Business Manager
|Saudi Arabia||25 Feb|