Job description / Role
• Make a good impression by positioning The Yard as the best place to work.
• Play the necessary role in all aspects of the projects, or events from site selection and feasibility studies to construction observation and project closeout procedures.
• The architect and interior designer is usually responsible for design, documentation, and permitting.
• Liaising with The Yard’s management and facilitating the all-design technical drawings, plans, materials selections and fit outs detailed requirements.
• Along with all communications with service providers and clients.
• Architects and interior designers oversee buildings, renovation projects, or events venues from beginning to end.
• Provides The Yard with designs that incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our quality and taste into every project.
Key facts and figures which give an indication of the scope and scale of the job.
• Annual Operating Budget/Project Budget/Sales Revenue: May sometimes
• Number of Staff Supervised: 1-2 Direct Reports: 1 (sites foreman)
• Contractor/Others: The Yard’s subcontractors’ and partners’ representatives of the same level.
Key Result Areas:
Key Result Areas
• Design, document, and execute multiple simultaneous high-quality projects by collaborating with all internal and external teams
• Maintain close working relationships with a team of related professionals, including engineers, construction managers, surveyors, and government representatives
• Cultivate expert knowledge of building products, construction details, regulations, and quality standards, budgets, and timelines
• Adhere to legal and industry standards in design and building codes, following and setting industry trends and architectural advancements
• Lead the creation of a conceptual framework for projects, Incorporating company standards, goals, and brand ideals
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Create designs and extremely detailed drawings by hand or with computer-aided design (CAD) applications
• Manage project development from pre-design through completion, meeting with clients and consultants, providing insight and assistance, and reviewing and approving consultant contract requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule, and contract closeout
• Lead the coordination of all disciplines to produce a comprehensive and coordinated construction document set that meets the requirements of local building code, ADA, zoning, and any other applicable law
• Liaise with construction professionals regarding project feasibility, managing issues with environmental impact, town planning legislations, and budget negotiation and preparation
• Attend regular meetings with clients, contractors, and specialists, and make regular site visits to check on progress
• Work closely with Project Managers and the Management upon the project size.
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure the smooth coordination of projects, or events logistics
• Create, prepare and report all the needful information or required paperwork to be archived in the company’s records.
• Follow up the communications and production of projects, or events’ materials as per the project management’s guideline or approved time schedules.
• Coordinates and follow up the delivery process, logistics and fit outs for special events required for the company along with the projects.
• Designing and setting up events venues for annual (Gala Dinners) and occasional events held for the company or any of its clients; as well as, while liaising with the employees or partners involved.
• Implementing robust monitoring and quality evaluation mechanisms across all delivered projects.
• Provides and supports The Yards Administration and the Managers of projects with all reports and information needed for executing projects.
• Providing on-going required drawings and drafts to support the effective devilry of each project assisted.
• Ensure the requirements of clients and partners are met during the entire duration of events/projects according to the minutes of meetings and shared communications
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
• The Architect and interior designer would need to provide coordination support for all subcontractors’ representatives for design details, fabrications and logistics issues.
• Responsible of the design confidentiality and the copy rights of The Yard Qatar.
• The Architect and interior designer is obligated to handover their assigned projects, or events to the clients and work physically on site to assure the quality and the time due.
• The Architect and interior designer is obligated to identically deliver the design of sites or venues as per the approved design drawings by the management.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Required to communicate directly with the client or his/her/their representative, and all people involved in the project.
• Required to communicate with subcontractors and partners staff, interface with suppliers and clients, the management of The Yard and the company’s employees.
• Works closely with The Yard’s Administration and the Project Managers to provide administrative and logistics support to ensure the smooth running of The Yard’s projects.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
• Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in creative designing and fit outs fabrication problem solving and plan, develop, and implement initiatives for the company’s projects; as well as, constant business communication progress.
• The Architect and interior designer should have the talent and is driven with soul and passion of an artist, supported with strong technical skills.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
• This job operates within general instructions and well-established instructions / routines and is closely supervised by The Yard’s management and its subcontractors, service providers or business partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Master degree or equivalent not less than 5 years’ experience in dealing with architectural or interior designing activities.
• Highly experienced architect and interior designer to join us in developing real, workable solutions with a good foundation of innovation.
• Strong technical knowledge in conceptual design, building planning and detailing, construction documentation, and construction administration.
• High ability of bringing site, structure, science, and technology knowledge to every project, while incorporating our client’s objectives with respect to context, culture, and overall sustainability.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to details and client’s services.
• Strong Diplomatic presentation skills and having the ability of taking initiative.
• A good team player with high ability to work under pressure.
• Fluent Arabic, English verbal and written skills.
• Ability to write technical and basic reports.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PPT. Excel. Word) and the designing soft wares.
• At least six Design Software are required for Architect and interior designer
• The building information modelling (BIM) concept is key in modern architecture
• Rhino 3D
• Revit Architecture.
• Statements in this Job Description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
About the Company
A leading company in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Architect (Mid - Senior)
Architect - Airport Signage
Site Architect / Site Interior Designer
Interior Designer (Local Applicant)