Job description / Role
The role is to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction. You will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservation from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match the client’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and developing of drawn and written documentation.
• Liaising with clients, consultants and contractors under the supervision of the senior staff.
• Contributing to the design process and coordinating detailed design information.
• Contributing to specifications for construction work.
• Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals.
• Contributing to design stage risk assessments.
• Control project from start to finish to ensure the high quality, innovative and functional design
• Taking the brief to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
• Developing ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact.
• Producing detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections.
• Compiling project specifications.
• Keeping within budgets and timelines.
• Ensuring that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
• Making on-site visits to check on project status and report on the project.
• Cooperating and liaising with construction professionals.
• Following architectural trends and advancements.
• You have a degree qualification in architecture and with professional membership.
• You have project delivery experience within the aviation sector and expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
You have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail, can build lasting client relationships and ability to support strong, motivated teams. You have experience in construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.