Job description / Role
The Area Manager will be accountable for the operation of Salon shop(s) and achieving the operational performance targets within the approved budget while at all-times ensuring the integrity of the brand. He/she shall manage the shop employees' performance, instill the Company values among them and promote teamwork to ensure the delivery of excellent customer services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Store Operations Management
• Ensures that day to day operations of salon(s) is adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Maximizes operational efficiency and ensures compliance with quality assurance policies and procedures;
• Provides personalized approach to clients and staff, identifying and resolving urgent issues;
• Proposes to Managing Partners initiatives and changes that will improve the business such as operating hours, services, products, merchandising, expansion opportunities;
• Proposes to Managing Partners new best practices and trends to enhance existing ones and create new standards, policies and procedures;
• Analyzes and approves the staffing roster;
• Ensures that staff adheres to the company prescribed grooming and presentation standards;
• Ensures high standard of cleanliness and proper maintenance of shop facilities.
• Drives the achievement of excellent customer services through continuous improvement initiatives;
• Ensures that the salon(s) create a customer service culture by guiding employees to become problem solvers, cooperative and accommodating;
• Provides input on developing relevant services and treatments, including setting treatment protocols and selecting products for use in the treatments and for retail sale;
• Ensures that all staff follows the standards and procedures for each service they provide;
• Exercises promptness in resolving customer complaints and comments/feedback.
• Monitors customer satisfaction by conducting surveys which includes focus groups and comment cards;
• Anticipates, identifies and ensures that customer needs and expectations are met in the best possible way;
Sales & Financial Management
• Controls the operational expenses and facilitates product margin analysis to ensure profitability;
• Maximizes sales by introducing revenue generating strategies and communicating to the team the projected revenue targets for treatments and retail;
• Uses information technology to record sales for data analysis and planning;
• Administers staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability;
• Interprets Financial Reports and provides expertise on the analysis of (projected) Revenue vs. Expenses.
• Ensures that all employees are well trained for their respective positions by coordinating relevant training and development with the HR Department;
• Coaches and develops staff to maximize their potential;
• Proposes new rules and procedures for employees to follow which includes policies in the workplace and ensures effective implementation;
• Ensures that staff issues are timely communicated to HR Department for appropriate action;
• Conducts employee performance appraisals.
Merchandising & Stocking
• Maintains the optimum products stock level at all times to ensure a smooth and financially effective operation;
• Suggests improvements to visual merchandising.
• Maintains awareness of market trends and techniques in the grooming industry, understanding forthcoming customer needs, and monitoring local competitors marketing activities;
• Coordinates with Managing Partners and Shop(s) Supervisors regarding promotional programs and marketing initiatives;
• Suggests ideas that will improve customer loyalty;
• Provides input to Marketing Department on organizing public relations, promotional and marketing events to drive customer visits and sales.
• Bachelor’s degree in management or equivalent;
• Certification in Beauty Therapy or related courses;
• 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in managerial level;
• 2 years experience in any related industry e.g. spa, retail, hospitality is a must;
• Technical Skills i.e. knowledge in nail, face and body services;
• Highly proficient in Planning and Organizing;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Acute financial skills, experience with budget and business plan development;
• Analytical skills to evaluate data and make both operational and strategic decisions;
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills, team-player demonstrating collaborative approach.
About the Company
An online E-Commerce Company in Qatar.