Job description / Role
• Oversees the day-to-day cleaning operations of assigned area in the airport.
• Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
• Resolves problems.
• Reports unusual activities to immediate Manager.
• Inspects facilities and assigned area in the airport premise and reports required repairs.
• Verifies inventory of cleaning supplies; re-stocks janitorial closets and carts.
• Check on a daily basis that all assigned areas are cleaned to a satisfactory standard and daily cleaning logs are completed for each work section.
• Ensure that the team is trained and knowledgeable of the Audit Matrix and should ensure the responsible area is maintained and pass the Audit process performed by the client.
• Ensure that all assigned areas are always meeting the client specifications through regular inspections and should always pass any Joint Audit performed by the client.
• Should be completely responsible and/or accountable on his assigned areas and ensuring that any shortcoming should be rectified immediately and plan ahead the best solution to overcome the failure and avoid repetition of the same issue in future.
• Maintain cleaning staff attendance logs and timesheets for submission to the Site Administrative Officer.
• To be responsible for the day to day personnel management of the cleaning staff, and consulting with the Manager on any necessary formal procedures.
• Develop and carry out induction procedures with all new staff.
• Investigate and maintain a working knowledge of developments in cleaning equipment and materials and to identify means by which the cleaning operation might be developed.
• Identify formal and informal training needs for all cleaning staff.
• Provide the necessary tools and machines required for performing the task and ensure they have the inspections / maintenance required.
• Ensure that, prior to start the works, all the Permits required are in place and there is a Method Statement and Risk Assessment available for the task.
• Ensure that, prior to use and/or unapproved hazardous substance, a permit from HSEQ is obtained and all users are trained in COSHH assessment.
• Perform health, safety and environment (HSE) inspections together with HSEQ Department.
• Participate in the investigation of accidents and severe incidents.
• Ensure that the staff under them has received the adequate training for the task to be performed.
• Collaborate with HSEQ Department in the close-out of the corrective actions.
• Attend the HSEQ training sessions and facilitate the attendance of the staff under them.
• Participate in the HSE meetings (example: with the HSE representative).
• Report any accident, incident, near miss or health event at work and request the staff under them to do the same
• Follow the rules and regulations from the client and from FMM’s HSEQ Management System, which includes attending all training sessions you are invited to and by reading the documents provided to you.
• Launch tool boxes prepared by HSEQ Department
• Full management of daily routes for total delivery and service
As Area Supervisor, you will be under the direction of the immediate manager, oversees the day-to-day cleaning operations of the designated area in the airport. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
• Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent
• Business Management, Hotel & Restaurant Management, Housekeeping, Building Maintenance.
• Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
About the Company
FMM is a Joint Venture between Qatar Airways and Ferrovial Services created in 2013 to provide Facility Management services throughout Qatar. With more than 3,600 employees, FMM has become a key leader in the Facility Management industry providing multi-services solutions to our clients.
Hamad International Airport is the Facility Management showcase of FMM where innovative equipment and excellence in standard of services have been deployed; FMM’s contribution made HIA the Best Airport in Middle East and the 5th Best Airport worldwide. FMM skills and expertise will continue to support large and medium size facilities to reach a standard of excellence.
We continuously welcome new team members to join our organization and be part of our exciting journey.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ali Bin Ali Group